Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-22-2004, 2:03 PM Reply   
I have heard from a few people that a coloured topdeck on a boat will look like dogs poos in a year or two and even less if its a black topdeck.
is this true does anyone have any first hand experience with this
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-22-2004, 3:02 PM Reply   
BLACK IS HHHHOOOOOTTTTT
Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-22-2004, 3:07 PM Reply   
I assume your meaning to touch yeah??? I had wondered that cause all black was a possibility as it looks the business :-)
Old     (patrick)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-24-2004, 9:03 AM Reply   
Also depending on where you go and what you and your crew do, if someone gets sand on the bottom of their feet and step on the colored topdeck it could scratch and leave an obvious mark.
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       06-24-2004, 11:12 AM Reply   
My boat is 6 years old and I have a colored stripe on the side of the top deck. All the horizontal parts are white. It's a little faded but not too bad. It's a bit of work to keep it in good shape.

If I were to do it again, I would pass on the colored top deck.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-25-2004, 6:18 PM Reply   
I have a dark blue top deck on my SAN and would do it again because I like the look. It scratchs so easy though and I really have to be a NAZI with my kids on getting in and out with out touching the deck. I don't expect FADE to ever be an issue as I use 303 every month. The boat is stored indoors though. I have around 125 hours now and do have a few scrachs here and there, but nothing I won't be able to rub out next winter.
Old     (macdaddy)      Join Date: May 2004       07-06-2004, 11:13 AM Reply   
It all depends on how well you take care of your things. I love the way ours looks. colored decks just set your boat out of the norm. yes it is more work and more to worry about but I personally woiuld never think of getting a white deck..Colored deck=flashy, think of it as a black car...lots of work and you need to be carefull but damn they look good
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-06-2004, 7:19 PM Reply   
I've had my solid red X2 for about 5 weeks. We've put 110hrs on it in that time. That equates to A LOT of people getting in and out of the boat, and standing on the rails to get boards out. The top deck still looks great. I just put a thick coat of wax on it last week to help with protection, and I'll probably do it more often since it only takes 3 minutes to wax such a small portion. I also use Eagle One Wax-As-U-Dry everytime I take the boat out of the water. It is AWESOME.

As far as heat goes, for whatever reason, the white seats get much hotter than the red deck. Fiberglass doesn't really get hot in the sun. I suppose black or dark blue may still pick up some heat, but any other colors should be fine.

Old    svfara            07-07-2004, 8:18 AM Reply   
I've got a solid red topdeck as well. I love it, doesn't get hot and haven't gotten any noticable scratches on it yet. I thought it would be more difficult to maintain, but it's not bad.
Black may be a different story though... I saw an all black Nautique and it showed every little scratch.