Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old    sealyon.net            08-20-2007, 8:44 AM Reply   
We were just told by wwa that anyone wanting to ride in our rail Jam (see tenn. rail jam under events)can providing they sign a liability release
and join wwa.

Membership is

A) $60. wwa shirt, $25,000 accidental medical,email broadcasts on area events, newsletters,and cool industry stuff

B) $40. wwa card, $25,000. accidental medical, email broadcasts and newsletters.

C) $17. one event accidental medical,and email broadcasts.
If you want to ride in this event you can sign up at the event or pm me and get it done ahead of time.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-20-2007, 9:01 AM Reply   
Who controls what has to be done? At our local events, all we do is sign a waiver...no need to sign up for WWA membership. Is the boat shop who runs these events liable if something happens but NOT if the riders are with WWA? Seems to me sue-happy people will get them either way? Enlighten me :-)
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-20-2007, 9:13 AM Reply   
$25,000, that's it? I hope you never have to use it. A band aid cost more that $25,000 these days. I thought WWA had better insurance than that.
Old    sealyon.net            08-20-2007, 9:22 AM Reply   
Well, First off this is at the state park and on TVA water, so the state wants proof that everyone will be insured to protect them.
Also the shop / sponsors could be held liable if there is no one to pay for an injury.
By paying the $17. you will be covered at this event by the wwa insurance or for the $40 or $60 you are covered at all wwa events for 1yr.
I know signing a release you agree not to sue...but if someone got hurt, and no one picked up their medical....I smell a lawsuit.
For me it's just that added comfort having it there and the riders being covered.

(Message edited by kerby on August 20, 2007)
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-20-2007, 9:35 AM Reply   
The concern is that almost any trip to the hospital for anything more than stitches could end up with a bill a lot higher that $25k. If you're an event promoter I'm make sure that you are personally covered for at least 1 million dollars. I'd hate to lose everything I own because I was being a good guy trying to run an event and someone got hurt. Something to think about.....
Old     (cece)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-20-2007, 9:50 AM Reply   
I think there are two things that need to be clarified here.

1) WWA membership is only good for the calendar year (Jan 1 to Dec 31). Promoters often lead people to believe that it is good for one year from when they sign up, which is not the case.

2) Any organization that is sanctioned by the WWA carries $2 million worth of general liabilty insurance. The $25K is medical insurance for the riders and is completely seperate.

There are other sanctioning bodies out there that provide insurance for wakeboarding events. WWA is very easy to deal with and not extremely expensive and is a good way to get extra protection for organizers and sponsors.
Old    sealyon.net            08-20-2007, 10:13 AM Reply   
Chris, after looking closer it is
1,000,000 each occurrence
100,000 Damage to rented premises
10,000 Med.exp any one person
1,000,000 personal & ADV injury
2,000,000 General aggregate
1,000,000 products-comp/op agg
My coverage is for 1 yr, and the 25,000 medical per card holders expire on Jan 1 08.
Old     (cece)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-20-2007, 10:33 AM Reply   
Sorry, I copied what they advertise on the website. I was too lazy to dig up our certificate of insurance forms to include all the actual numbers. Just trying to inform people that the WWA does provide some protection for organizors and sponsors.

My biggest pet peeve is when another organizor sells somebody the full year at the end of the season and they show up at one of my events in April and are pissed because they have to buy it again for the new year.
Old    sealyon.net            08-20-2007, 10:46 AM Reply   
I could see that The lady at wwa told me one year, I just took that as the whole kit and kaboodal.
But looking at the membership form it does say Jan 1, 08. But if the signer reads it, they should see the date.
I know I didn't see it....but I didn't sign one eigther.
Old    sealyon.net            08-21-2007, 3:24 PM Reply   
Almost forgot to mention anyone wanting to ride under 18 must have a parent to sign for them.
Here's the rail we got in the water late yesterday. Hope to see some of you here Saturday Upload
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-21-2007, 6:26 PM Reply   
Lyon - how much did it cost you to sanction the event thru WWA?
Old    sealyon.net            08-22-2007, 6:59 AM Reply   
Chris it was $145.for the year.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-22-2007, 7:31 AM Reply   
just curious.....how many people do you think are willing to pay $117 to hit that rail?

you gotta do what you gotta do, but that kinda sucks. maybe i am just being cheap, i dont know. either way, i am going. will you just take my word for it that i wont sue and that i have my own insurance that covers me 100% with no deductable? thats a big smile and all, but i am being serious.
Old    sealyon.net            08-22-2007, 10:25 AM Reply   
Matt your killing me
That's $ Seventeen Dollars $17.00
We ( SeaLyon) are not charging anything this year only expect the riders to pay the wwa $17.00 for coverage or produce a card.( they are sending me a list ?)
We will be selling tickets to win a new o7 board set up.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-22-2007, 11:38 AM Reply   
HAHAHAHAHA......well, i had the first part of a darn root canal last night and so this morning, i was still on pain medication. now that i can actually read english and understand it, consider me there.

i was told it starts around 12. how long will it be going on? if i show up at 1 or 1:30, is that too late? any more details?
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-22-2007, 11:51 AM Reply   
whats pulling riders? have more than one winch and/or seadoo?
Old    sealyon.net            08-22-2007, 12:02 PM Reply   
one wake edition sea doo.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-22-2007, 1:00 PM Reply   
Kirby I sent you private message
Old    sealyon.net            08-22-2007, 7:27 PM Reply   
Matt, Great. Look forward to seeing you there.
It starts at 12:00 and will go on until you get sick of riding or we have to put the rail in for the night The DJ is leaving around 3:00 I think.
Also Shelby Daniel will be there so there will be some great photos taken.