Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (shawns_no_good)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-10-2007, 11:22 AM Reply   
Anyone done this? Can you get a good wave without the V-Drive?
Old     (shane97210)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-10-2007, 11:34 AM Reply   
last year i had a dd with the same hull as i have this year in v-drive. a v drive makes it easier to get a good wake but does not make it better. to get a good wake i would fill my built in 400# tank in the back that went all the way across, 750# sack next to the engine on the surf side and a 350# bag in the surf locker. put every one on the surf side and you should get a great wake
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-10-2007, 12:27 PM Reply   
I have a 2000 MB Sport DD and we surf behind it all of the time and it's great. I fill my 550lbs ballast have 20- 80lbs steal blocks and to containers with about another 90lbs each as well as 2- 220lbs people sitting on the trunk. I am 6' 220 lbs myself and I don't have a problem with an Inland surfer red tide. I need to experiment with more weight so I can start driving straight because as of right now I get my best wake when I am turning in circles.
Old     (shawns_no_good)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-10-2007, 2:04 PM Reply   
I've seen almost everyone who surfs drives in circles though. I don't think that really changes with more weight, it's just a wave shape thing. I've only been out on Vdrives though and was just wondering about how it works for the DD's.
Old     (ogopogo)      Join Date: May 2005       07-10-2007, 2:52 PM Reply   
WE had to drive in circles with our old DD but when she was weighted down it still did the trick... sorry for using the same photo's all the time.

Upload
Upload
Old     (shawns_no_good)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-11-2007, 6:43 AM Reply   
In my father-in-law's Tige, it's weighted down pretty good and throws a huge wave, but if you don't drive in a slight circle, especially on the starboard side, then the wave starts curling over closer to the boat and washing out a lil'
Old     (gary_in_ia)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-15-2007, 5:36 PM Reply   
I have a Sport Nautique and with enough weight it creates a good starboard wake. No need to drive in a circle.