Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-27-2007, 6:31 AM Reply   
so I had to get a new board last night. Broke my '07 Shane...the shop is and will be out of the Shanes and Watsons (wanted to try it). I tried out the Covin last night and I really liked it. I'm planning on trying the ONE as well. I'm just wondering which one will be better for progressing. So far this season on the Shane (Agreesive 3Stage rocker) I: perfected my Backroll and Half-cab & Learned: Raleys, HS 3's, TS Front Roll (getting close on Scarecrow). My goal is to get Tantrums, HS Frontflip, TS 3's, TS Backroll. What do you guys think would be best to aid in my progression, Covin (continuous rocker) or ONE (3 stage)???
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-27-2007, 6:34 AM Reply   
and O'brien Natrual! Sorry shameless plug!
Old     (borka)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-27-2007, 6:40 AM Reply   
3 stage or continiouse - its your personal prefer. You need to try both boards. Decision will comes without saying.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-27-2007, 6:43 AM Reply   
Andy - my buddy Ryan loves that too...never got a chance to try it out before he moved to Scottsdale though. Is that bored really that awesome?
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-27-2007, 7:58 AM Reply   
I love my One....I used to ride the shane and the watson and I believe I like it better than both. Watson is an awesome board tho. I haven't ridden a covin so I'm no help there.
Old     (twoten)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-27-2007, 8:17 AM Reply   
I rode a One for a few days... didnt really like it personally, but I like a continuous rocker.

Try them both... Midwest will let you demo them for sure.

BTW... have you tried a new Premier? 3 stage rocker just way you like it.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-27-2007, 8:55 AM Reply   
Jay, I have ridden them both. The One has a more solid feel than the Covin. The Covin is similiar to all of Shane's boards (loose when flat and on the faster side - Covin faster yet) the One has a slower turning edge but still accelerates to the wake. It is a melow turner where the Covin just screams over. personally from riding all three boards this year I liked the shane and the One the most, they were the most similiar in terms of pop and speed and edging. But that is just my opinion.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-27-2007, 10:43 AM Reply   
JB, do you have the 142 ONE there. I think I want to try that out. Can you guys order Obrien stuff? If so how would that take to come in.