Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-26-2007, 8:20 AM Reply   
Hey-

So, I'm in my 4th or 5th season of riding now and I feel like I should get some instruction. My tricklist isn't too extensive yet. I'm cool going w2w heelside/toeside. I can take the heelside into the flats a little ways. I can do a variety of grabs, pretty consistent with the backroll and can get a heelside frontside 360 every now and again. I can do frontside 180's w2w both ways and a backside 180 off an ollie. I might be missing a few little things, but you get the idea of my level of riding.

To get an idea of my setup, I've got a 99xstar that I weight evenly with about 2000lbs of water and about 3-4 people in the boat. I ride with either 70 or 75 ft of line at around 23-24mph.

I don't ride with many people that have a ton of experience so it can be tough to get much coaching from the boat.

Basically, I'm looking for an instructor that I can meet with maybe 3 times in a summer that can look at my cut to the wake and overall technique.

I think I'm running into a road block with my progression and I'm not really sure how to learn more. I have The Book, but I'd like to be able to go try something and have someone tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I really just want to get better and avoid too many nasty habits.

That all being said, Are there any camps/instructors in the area that could help me out with this?

Thanks a ton!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-26-2007, 8:26 AM Reply   
Well, I coach so does Colin Ryan. There is also 10K Wakes Camp that teach lessons as well.

Colin and I would be totally down to come out and teach some lessons, together or individually. We stopped our insurance so we cannot use our boats any longer but we can still coach out in your ride, sounds like a great set-up! Email me if you are interested.

You can see us ride at info.the-house.com/team
Old     (twoten)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-26-2007, 8:32 AM Reply   
Andy... what kind of prices are you charging?

My little brother (18) wants an instructor and my dad is more than willing to pay for it. Let me know what you charge, you would be teaching behind our 04 SANTE
Old     (wake_nurse)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-26-2007, 10:30 AM Reply   
Jeff, in addition to Andy and Colin, Midwest Mastercraft also has instructors. My girls and I have been out twice so far, and their progress is really encouraging.

Andy, what do you and Colin charge? Our boat isn't here in the cities, but I'm still interested, thanks!
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-26-2007, 12:15 PM Reply   
Thanks Dawn. I have a little bit of a similar situation b/c my boat is about an hour and 15 mins. south.

What are MW MC's rates like?
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-26-2007, 12:19 PM Reply   
Also, cool Andy. I emailed you this morning.
Old     (wake_nurse)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-26-2007, 1:28 PM Reply   
Jeff, I emailed you the info.
Old     (priorlakemn)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-27-2007, 12:16 AM Reply   
I work with Kris the guy who owns 10K wakes, he's a good guy and has some good instructors. They have 2 new Supras they will pull our if you want a ride, they will do private instructions if you're interested. Their website is www.10kwakes.com
Check him out if you're interested.......
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-27-2007, 9:28 AM Reply   
Thanks man. Will do.