Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (noboat)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-25-2007, 6:58 PM Reply   
Sorry if this is a dumb question. I have a 2005 Hyperlite state and can not tell which direction the bindings are installed. Is there a front and back to a board? How can you tell. Bottom of board looks the same from either direction. Oh by the way, I borrowed this pic from a posting on eBay.

Upload
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-25-2007, 7:08 PM Reply   
Boards are not like surfboards with a specific direction, thats why there are fins(if you have them) on both sides. You can ride either way.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-25-2007, 7:11 PM Reply   
I'd trade that stick in for an LF
unless ya got trunks to match

(Message edited by zuka666 on June 25, 2007)
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-25-2007, 7:32 PM Reply   
im pretty sure were it says "state" is the tail
Old     (lakelife)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-25-2007, 7:37 PM Reply   
agreed, it is set up as regular... for what it's worth
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-25-2007, 7:52 PM Reply   
The State is a directional board:
"An asymmetric shape allowing a rider to stand higher up the wake on their toeside edge with increased leverage on their heelside rail. Deeper molded-in toeside fins set a harder cut, shallower molded-in heelside fins create a quicker release."
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       06-26-2007, 10:00 AM Reply   

quote:

Boards are not like surfboards with a specific direction, thats why there are fins(if you have them) on both sides. You can ride either way.

That's true for 99% of boards but some boards like the Ronix Vault and the Hyperlite State are designed with a different shape for the toe edge and heel edge.

To answer your question Jeff Rich, flip the board over and make sure the side of the board that has the small molded fins is set to be the heelside. If so, you're all set!

-Steve
Old     (jcstudebaker)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-26-2007, 10:12 AM Reply   
Jeff, your toes should be pointing to the print. So now you are backwards.
Old     (proho)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-26-2007, 10:27 AM Reply   
yup the boots are backwards. if you check under one of the bindings(i dont know if its only under one binding or both) there is a little pic of a foot which shows you how to setup your bindings.
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-26-2007, 4:28 PM Reply   
My bad!
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-26-2007, 4:35 PM Reply   
i think its a trick on the vault. it would work either way still because the cut out is mirrored.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       06-26-2007, 4:44 PM Reply   
Trevor,
It's not very difficult to understand. One edge of the board (think toeside/heelside NOT tip/tail) is different than the other edge. The heelside will always be heelside regardless of riding goofy or regular. Does that make sense? You're right that the board is mirrored, but it's mirrored tip-to-tail (like all boards these days) but NOT mirrored toe-to-heel. Most boards you can set your bindings facing either way depending on how you prefer the graphics, but on asymmetrical boards (like the vault and the state) you cannot.

-Steve
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-26-2007, 7:27 PM Reply   
The Toes should point to the same side that says State and Hyperlite. That board is designed to have a stronger toeside edge for beginners. You can tell if you look at the molded fins that one side is larger and that is the toeside edge.