Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-22-2007, 7:12 AM Reply   
The Cells were sooo comfy, and the company did a great job of replacing everything for me with out any hassle. Here's the damage:

1st, ripped out liner
2nd, ripped out liner
3rd, ripped out the insert in the bottom of the boot that the plate attaches too.

Needless to say, i got a pair of '07 Watsons last night. A big thanks to Midwest Mastercraft for the great customer service too!
Old     (twoten)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-22-2007, 7:23 AM Reply   
midwest is an awesome place to buy from... great people there.

thats the exact reason I didnt buy Ronix this year. Ill try them in a few years when they fix all the bugs in their boards and bindings
Old     (jermiside)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-22-2007, 1:01 PM Reply   
Jay at least you can say you gave Ronix a fair shot. Good to hear your dealer stuck up for you when you needed them the most.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-22-2007, 3:15 PM Reply   
Jake, thank you for considering them, I was mad at what you wrote 'till I read the end because a little while ago so many people were on here bashing Ronix, I think there were 3 threads on it[?] because so many people said the One sucks because it breaks so easily. I gotta tell ya, I've cased the wake so many times really hard and there is no defect in my board, no spider cracks, not even a scratch.

uhh... sorry for the history lesson....

(Message edited by hawk7 on June 22, 2007)
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-22-2007, 3:16 PM Reply   
Dude the 07 Watsons are sick... I just got a pair too!
Old     (socalf150rider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-22-2007, 3:33 PM Reply   
THEY RIPP TOO. IM ON MY 2ND SET OF 07'S WATSONS SO THEY ALLLLLL WEAR AND TEAR.
Old     (twoten)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-22-2007, 3:59 PM Reply   
Trevor... I wouldnt bash anything that I havent tried first.

I love the Ronix boards, but havent tried the bindings (yet)
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-22-2007, 10:16 PM Reply   
speaking of which, it cool if I bash the 06 watsons? They Didn't fit well with my 04 byerly I guess so the kept failling off. thats not what I'm Upset With though, because I probobly got the wrong screws or something... but the watsons are too supportive for me. heavy and stiff. Theyre probobly better this year and the 06 would be good for those with ankle problems, but thats just my two cents...

BTW thats a sickk boat jake, they dont make san's like they used to.

(Message edited by hawk7 on June 22, 2007)
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-23-2007, 7:44 AM Reply   
I hate to bash, but all my friends with LF stuff have had nothing but problems. I dont know what they are thinking. But charging $400 for something that lasts 2 weeks is a bunch of crap. My zeus have lasted 2 years and I only have to replaced the laces.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-23-2007, 8:29 AM Reply   
I love my Ronix Cells, left foot lining is out, but goes right in fine and does not affect lining, will get it fixed after the season. Hands down, best bindings.
Old     (twoten)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-23-2007, 11:39 AM Reply   
thanks Trevor
Old     (wondermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-25-2007, 5:28 PM Reply   
I bent and snapped the plate of my cells after 5 rides. I didn't do much just fell after a W2W HS melon grab and then they snapped. Boot stayed on my foot. This also stripped the insert of my omega so now i am bootless and boardless for a bit. I may try another pair because i love the support and the feel. However, if they break again i will go to the LF watsons.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-25-2007, 5:56 PM Reply   
My roommate is sending in his second pair of Watsons today [EDIT: after tearing two pairs of '05 Sphinx's]. My other roommate has had his Watsons for 2 weaks...they're already developing signs of tearing. My '05 Transits (which I bought new) were ripped to shreds within 2 months. So, at this point, choose the binding you think will have less problems, LF or Ronix. Personally, if I had to choose bindings from only these 2 companies, I trust the O'Brien's warranty service far more.

(Message edited by jcv on June 25, 2007)
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-25-2007, 8:26 PM Reply   
the stiching on my new watsons are already coming undone.
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-25-2007, 8:50 PM Reply   
my ronix ones initially seemed like the liner and footbed wanted to pull out of the binding when i was taking my foot out. instead of yanking them out, i now twist my foot/ankle from side to side while pulling my foot out. it breaks the suction effect that the footbed/liner has and your foot pops right out... give that technique a shot if your having probs...
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-25-2007, 9:01 PM Reply   
I want to know what the LF designers were thinking when they decided to remove all hardware from their high-end bindings. Only stitches and glue? All to save a half pound or so? Really? Mini-rant over.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-25-2007, 9:05 PM Reply   
Jay, You gotta quite trying those damn Raleys! JK if they are starting to go on ya stop by the shop and we can get you some new ones... Tyler is gonna love that...
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-26-2007, 4:50 AM Reply   
i'm not even crashing much any more (at least on the raleys). i'm going to keep riding these...i think tyler needs a break from me. lol, tell him to go take a break at about 345 this afteroon...that's when i'll be in for the board.

(Message edited by ironj32 on June 26, 2007)

(Message edited by ironj32 on June 26, 2007)
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-26-2007, 5:15 AM Reply   
I'm with TDC worm...that seems to be the trick to getting out of these boots.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-26-2007, 5:27 AM Reply   
i had no problem getting out of them when i wanted too. it was when i'd take a hard crash and then entire lining ripped right out.