Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (jixxxer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-22-2007, 6:09 AM Reply   
OK, whenever I go w2w or big jumps my right lower leg below the knee(i ride goofy) hurts really bad after landing. Im thinking that Im landing to flat? Could this be the problem or is it something else?
Old     (nauty_tique)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-22-2007, 7:41 AM Reply   
I wish I knew, I do the same thing when landing in the flats here lately, I get a horrific pain in the high ankle area but on the outside. No clue what's causing mine?
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-22-2007, 7:47 AM Reply   
Last year I started to get shin splints on my front leg and it hurt pretty bad on landings. Not sure if that what you're dealing with, but I took a little time off and it got better.
Old     (twoten)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-22-2007, 8:00 AM Reply   
what binding are you using? Maybe you need a higher binding to help support the ankle better. I had that problem with an older set of temets a few years back. They were too low on my ankle and it would twist everytime I landed.
Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-22-2007, 8:01 AM Reply   
yea shin splints kill, dont think its what you got tho
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-22-2007, 8:10 AM Reply   
shanon......is that still your set up in your profile......if it is I recommend you upgrade to some better equipment. You may have some inflamation from your repeated landings on cheaper gear....those mobes do not provide enough support or cushion. I got hurt seriously three times with those bindings....since then have only bought the best...and knock on wood haven't been hurt in 4 seasons. Right now my liquid force watson are like being on pillows......it does make a huge difference on landings over your mobes! But I also ride the cwb marius with two centre spines and v bottom.....my knees thank me every day!
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-22-2007, 8:21 AM Reply   
....by the way if it hurts just below the knee...where there is that little bump that is the attachment point of your upper leg muscles ligaments.....def. irritated.....if it feels better after putting heat on it..its positively inflammed there.

disclaimer: I am no doc...but have had these things before
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-22-2007, 9:07 AM Reply   
Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

just playin
Old     (jixxxer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-25-2007, 5:56 AM Reply   
I can agree thats its prolly the bindings. I rode a kink with vapor bindings and it felt much better. What would be some good bindings at a decent price??
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-25-2007, 10:17 AM Reply   
shannon just go on ebay and look for any of the top 1 or 2 bindings per manufacture...but a few years old (but new).....if you want top notch bindings but don't want to spend alot....I think the 2004 hyperlite temet binding at grizzly sports for 99 dollars or less is the most bang for your buck right now.
Old     (nar722)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-25-2007, 11:14 AM Reply   
Maybe you are riding with your stance too wide? I took less stress off my knees by moving my stance in a bit. Just a thought
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       06-25-2007, 11:23 AM Reply   
yep, check your stance, and the angle of your bindings. people require different amounts of "duck" depending on their natural stance. if you are getting pains anywhere below the knee, its usually attributed to binding position, not riding fundamentals.