Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-06-2007, 2:11 PM Reply   
I was tightening the bottom laces on my binding and when i pulled up on the white leather thingy and pulled down on the black thingy that tightens it, both the leather thingy and the black thingy came off the laces.

now i have been sitting here for the past hour trying to work them back on.

any help or ideas?
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-06-2007, 2:17 PM Reply   
Wait never mind guys i got it.

i wrapped the end on the laces kinda like the end of a shoe lace with some scotch tape, pulled back on the tab and with a little coaxing it went right through.

just thought id mention that for any one else that has trouble.
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-06-2007, 3:08 PM Reply   
I had the same issue! I just popped the liner out last weekend. Use a fishermans knot in the black pull thing. Let me now if you dont understand
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-06-2007, 4:05 PM Reply   
I had that same issue when i first got them on the top laces, the bottom laces are a pain in the arse though since the thingy doesnt come apart and you have to work it in
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-06-2007, 6:48 PM Reply   
If this ever happens again, use a needle. Bend part of the needle so that it makes a U and it rests up against the top put the tip of the needle through half of the lace so that the other half is stuck between the U. Then you just poke the needle through what ever it needs to go through, then use needle nose pliers to pull it through

1 min fix...

Im not lectruing you, but im putting it here for anyone else who checks this thread
Old     (chikara22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-06-2007, 10:01 PM Reply   
cut lace ends sharply, burn slightly with a lighter to melt plastic and then roll in your fingers to get ends really sharp and narrow. then feed it through the black clip. that is what worked for me.
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-07-2007, 9:07 AM Reply   
You can also unscrew the lace holderhousing thingamajig, via the two screws and just rerun the laces-retighten. That's one of the two fixes. Ronix really needs to get this situation fixed for the future. Sorry, but this isn't a new crew, they shoulda known way better. I've seen this system fail on every set of Ronix (Ones)bindings, that I know who rides them. We shouldn't have to repair fresh, BIG dough bindings this quickly. Sorry, but I love the bindings, but the lace system needs to be finalized, in a fashion that doesn't require me to stop riding and start repairing. Love the bindings all the way around, but very "annoyed" by the lace-gimmics attached. Always followed the K I S S theory, and it applies here.
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-07-2007, 9:21 AM Reply   
I plan on milking these bindings till the end of the season. Hopefully they fix the liner problem as well. Then when I return them the new design will have addressed all of these issues... We'll see
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-07-2007, 3:32 PM Reply   
I had both break as well. I unscrewed the black thing and fixed it. It has not broke again since. I have been more careful to pull in the middle of the laces and not from the top.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-07-2007, 4:32 PM Reply   
Same exact thing happend to me. I took thin bailing wire, fished it through the leather thing and the tightener,
bent a little loop/hook around the end of the lace and pulled it right through. I fixed it in minutes.
The dealer said he took off the upper lace housings and reinforced everything in there before I got
the bindings. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that something else doesn't fall apart on these things.