Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old     (chainboy)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-06-2007, 7:57 PM Reply   
I like both But I am leaning twards monster tower because it looks stronger I also need the tower to support two riders and also a single person tube.
Old     (famlyboader)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-06-2007, 8:29 PM Reply   
dont know the size of your boat so cant say --which one suits the boat? I put a big air pylon on a 80 mastercraft stars and stripes. it suits the boat,very sturdy,folds down very easy,all stainless steel. I have been very pleased with the tower.Monster has a good tower also.my .02--good luck
Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-07-2007, 10:26 AM Reply   
Hey Rad. DO NOT buy the Big Air tower. It is a bolt together erector set. We dckd around with it for well over a day and it still never looked right. It's all bolted together with about 20 bolts and pins. It very difficult to line up on the boat. One of the rear leg pins was 1/4" off, so the rear leg sticks out more than the other. I have installed a couple of Monster towers for some friends. Looks better, easier installation, better design. Put the Monster together on the floor and put it together. Set it on the back deck of the boat with a friend (cover your upholstery!!) Screw in the rear legs with the knobs into the bases you mounted. With 2 guys walk it forward and put in the front knobs in the bases. The "molly" bolts on the top are important because it tightens it up. It takes quite a while to drill the holes through the aluminum for those. Follow all the instructions. Good luck.
Old     (chriscraftwake)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-09-2007, 1:01 PM Reply   
I have a big air tower and mine went on with no problem and and I think it turned pretty nice and it is very strong too!!!!!!!!!!!Upload
Old     (o2binvallarta)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-09-2007, 2:41 PM Reply   
I had a Big Air on our Sea Ray 175 before we got the Moomba and it was great. I thought the instructions left a little to be desired, but my 14 year old son and I had it installed in about 3 hours...a lot of that measuring twice.
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-09-2007, 5:42 PM Reply   
I have to agree. The Big Air tower that we had on our Bayliner was very strong, and looked great. My husband and son also took about 3 hours to install it. We liked the swooped look much better for our boat. There is a picture on the "I/O with towers" thread.
I think it depends on the boat, and style of tower you want. Both are great products.
Old     (boatutah)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-10-2007, 8:39 AM Reply   
The Monster Tower will be much more rigid than the Big Air Pylon because of the wishbone design. The Big Air is noisy because of all the bolts you have to use, Monster Tower is guaranteed silent. Monster has incredible customer support and will bend over backwards to make sure your tower works like it's supposed to.
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-10-2007, 8:52 AM Reply   
Most of your towers on the market will support two people. However for your paint's sake and your safety keep the tubes tied to the transom. You will find most tower manufactors recomend this too.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       04-10-2007, 8:55 AM Reply   
sorry, I don't have a better pic of my old boat that had a Big Air Pylon tower. However, it was difficult to put together and the holes didn't match up. It was an okay tower for starters tho...

Upload
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-10-2007, 10:01 AM Reply   
I have had a Big Air for about 3 seasons with no problems. I went with Big Air because it fit the lines of my boat/windshield better than the Monster would have.