Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (24_ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-25-2007, 8:52 AM Reply   
I am a beginner at boarding and am wondering how fast I should be going and what wakeplate setting I should use. I already figured I don't need any ballast. Have a Supra 24 SSV.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-26-2007, 7:32 AM Reply   
Mike, goes as slow as you can to stay up well and put the plate down to minimize the wake until you feel comfortable. Smaller bumps and slower speed falls. There are others here who can give you better advice than me so listen to them when they write in.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-26-2007, 8:02 AM Reply   
really your preference... you want to get the boat going fast enough to clean the wake so it is not washed. Probably above 20 MPH and wake plat around half way. As you get it all down you will want to get used to going 22-23 mph and wake plate however you like the wake. totally preference....
Old     (h2omantx)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-26-2007, 10:23 AM Reply   
I agree with Art and Diggs. Every person I take out seems to like it a little bit different. That is the cool part of this boat, you can shape the wake to every liking.

I ride with the sacks full, wake plate up (0), between 23 and 24 mph depending on how many persons are in the boat. This gives a long, tall, solid/meaty ramp with a kick at the top and good landing.

My daughter rides with the rear sacks 1/2 full, center sack 1/4 full, wake plate 75% dn, 21.5 mph. This gives her a long, rampy wake with a longer ramp and less kick at the top. The landings are easier as well.

You can dial in everything.

Good luck and have fun finding your "perfect wake".