Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-26-2007, 4:09 PM Reply   
ok im trying to decide which board is best for me. i rode the frontier the other weekend and like it alot, i wasn't getting crazy pop on it but i think i just need to get use to it, other than that it felt really good.

im not a very good rider, but im a really good snowboarder and skateboarder so this year i really want to step it up and get decent at riding. since i'm not a great rider i don't really care for agressive 3 stage boards, i like a board that is fast that i can ride with less effort. last year i rode the fish all year and loved the pop and feel of it but it was a little slow for me, i would have to work really hard to get speed on it. then i rode the shane and liked it alot, felt like the fish but faster. i want to go with ronix though cause i like their boots and im not one to mix and match stuff :-)

so personally i like the one looks wise, it's white and matches my boat and truck, i know lame, but i like that :-) though the one boots are a little stiff for my taste, but i think i would get use to that and eventually like it better.

the frontier/scout combo i rode and liked it and i love that it's a different looking combo.

right now my wakeboarding abilities are wake to wake, grabs, 180s, almost landing 360s and frontrolls. this year i really wanna learn some stuff. so with that being said what setup should i go with?

thanks
Old     (intotheflats)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-26-2007, 4:20 PM Reply   
if you don't like aggressive 3-stage you won't like the one, it's one of the most aggressive i've seen, the 3 stages are very distinct
saying that though, it's a lot faster than your traditional 3-stage board
i also rode the fish last year and like you loved the pop but thought it was too slow. the one has similar pop but is a lot faster.
you should definitely try out the one before you make a purchase
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-26-2007, 4:24 PM Reply   
The shane is also an aggresive 3 stage and you said you liked that. Maybe you should demo the one if possible.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-26-2007, 4:25 PM Reply   
the only reason i say i don't like a 3 stage is because i don't think im a good enough rider to take advantage of it, but i maybe wrong?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-26-2007, 4:43 PM Reply   
dont worry about mixing companies ride what you like, dont settle.