Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (holdenon)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-14-2007, 1:58 PM Reply   
I was just wandering out of all the brands of the ski class boats which has the deepest v hull
I thought it was centurion???? I'm trying to convince my dad in to going half on a boat. He is just a novice boater, so trying to keep it nice for him in the ruff water boat good for wakeboarding
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-14-2007, 2:12 PM Reply   
Supras and the Moomba Mobius LSV and XLV have pretty deep v's
Old     (c4avalanchen)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-14-2007, 2:30 PM Reply   
Centurion for sure, Tige, and some say Sanger have probably the best rough water rides.
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-14-2007, 2:45 PM Reply   
I would have to say a 24ve Tige can handle just about anything. We boat at Lake of the Ozarks, one of the busiest bodies of water in the US and we do fine.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-14-2007, 3:29 PM Reply   
Centurion is the deepest I think, then I would say 05 to current Malibu ,VLX, LSV, and the 07 VTX. Moomba Mobius look pretty deep also.

check out the actual boat websites or checkout wakeboardmagazine.com and click on the boats tab
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-14-2007, 4:07 PM Reply   
The new mastercraft csx has a real deep V. The x2 and x45 have pretty deep Vs too
Old     (h2omantx)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-14-2007, 5:06 PM Reply   
Moomba Mobius, XLV and Supra Launch 24SSV.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-14-2007, 5:09 PM Reply   
I have been in Malibus Centurians Supras Moombas Calabrias MB Sports Sanger etc..I would say Centurain Supra Moomba Sanger are the best rough water riding boats. My old Calabria sucks for rough water and my MB isnt graceful in roughwater either..but my Moomba XLV tore though is like it was a beautiful sunny day. Sangers chop though the chip very nicely also
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-14-2007, 5:22 PM Reply   
Centurion v goes all the way to the back. All of the others flatten out mid-way and are almost flat at the rear. i've owned a Moomba and a Centurion. Centurion rough water ride is way better.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-14-2007, 5:26 PM Reply   
George what kind of Moomba? I have ridden in the Avalanche which has a great rough water ride the Enzo and the Elite V I dont think any of those had a better ride then the Moomba XLV. Although they were good I would have to say the XLV was probably the best rough riding boat I have been in. I have no axe to grind on any of these boats. I love my MB but the rough water ride is not good. My experience has been the XLV was the best rough water ride I have experienced
Old     (motorcitymatt)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-14-2007, 5:38 PM Reply   
How about Ski Supreme's v232? I'm considering buying an '07 and from what I can tell, it has a good sized Vee that is pretty steep up front. And in the rear it still has some Vee to it. Unfortunately all the lakes here in Michigan are all frozen over . So I can't say for sure how it handles the rough stuff. Which is my biggest concern, being that 50% of the time the boat will be out on one of the Great Lakes. One second the lake will be like glass and then bamm!!! 2-4 footers. I don't know how soon you plan on getting your boat, but if you want I can let you know what I think as soon as the ice clears (probably around the beginning of April) when I do some test driving. I'll also be checking out Moomba Mobius, Centurion, Malibu and Tige. Moomba's seem to have the biggest Vee up front but after the fins the rear is almost flat. Time will tell, rough water handling is by far my biggest concern.

Any Supreme owners out there want to put in their Tue-Bits??? LATER....
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-14-2007, 6:02 PM Reply   
I think a TIge 24 V will work well for you if you have a dealer close by. Great rough water ride. I have not been in the Centurion, but would second what has been said above about it.

My friend has a Supreme 232. It does OK, not as good as my Tige, but the wake is substandard and the reliability issues have been terrible for him.
Old     (ssteele013)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-14-2007, 6:09 PM Reply   
Tige 24v for sure
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-15-2007, 7:27 AM Reply   
X80, or the centurion Tusami
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-15-2007, 7:44 AM Reply   
Centurion, but also depends upon model. They finally shallowed out the hull on one of the new Enzos(More like a Malibu now). You can't have a full length V hull and a great wake at the same time.
Old     (towboat_222)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-15-2007, 12:57 PM Reply   
Centurion by far with best ride. It rides more like a I/O than any other. Who ever said X2 rode in a different boat than I did. The Tige 24v does well
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-15-2007, 5:05 PM Reply   
Well, it's not new, but I'd say the CC Martinique. I doubt you wanna go half with your dad on that one though.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-15-2007, 5:15 PM Reply   
imo sanger has a great rough water ride and the have very little vibrations due to the "aqua beam" construction. but this is up to you and your dad. go and demo.....
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-19-2007, 3:45 PM Reply   
For rough water Sanger is great they have V from bow to stern and they are the only boat builder who puts in a glassed in side bulkhead for rigidity in the hull which translates to smooth quiet ride in the rough stuff. hulls are lifetime wty.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-20-2007, 6:51 PM Reply   
Andymac,

What is a glassed in side bulkhead? Sorry for not understanding. Please clarify
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-20-2007, 7:15 PM Reply   
Like this:
Upload

I wouldn't put to much stock in this design element by itself. Taking something like this and promoting it as why hull A is strong than hull b is pretty silly.
Old     (jansen)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-20-2007, 11:49 PM Reply   
Best rough water ride, Tige. Not the best, but good intermediate wake.
Old     (sup208)      Join Date: May 2004       02-21-2007, 7:33 AM Reply   
I have a Supreme V208 and it rides well in the rough water.
Old     (hudd007)      Join Date: May 2006       02-21-2007, 5:09 PM Reply   
CENTURION. The deeper and longer the V hull the better ride in chop. Centurion is one of the only ones (that I know, and I DON'T know very much) that have the V Hull all the way to the back. You will sacrifice wake but for a beginner I think this is a great, all around boat, that will keep you happy, and keep your dad from rattling out his fillings everytime he hits someones wake.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-21-2007, 6:40 PM Reply   
You don't have to sacrafice wake with a Centurion. The last from 04 to 06 there was a tendency for torque to make the port side wake wash. THis can be corrected with enough weight on the port side or by offsetting the tracking fins (factory solution on the 07 boats) I have about 150 pounds of lead extra on the port side. The wake pic below is with the hydraulic wake plate all the way up. Total ballast about 1500 pounds, three people in the boat, 23 mph, rider at 75 feet.
Upload
Upload