Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-20-2007, 10:07 AM Reply   
wanting to put a sub behind back seat or under back seat any of you audio guys out there have any ideas or suggestions. cant seem to find a sub box anywhere. nothing huge just want some bass when i want it.Upload
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-20-2007, 11:08 AM Reply   
if i see another picture of this truck on this forum im going to puke...
Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       01-20-2007, 11:39 AM Reply   
im not
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-20-2007, 12:04 PM Reply   
I found a box that is used to go underneath the seats in a 150 that fit well behind the rear seat of my 250. It holds a 10" and sounds very good.
Old     (ncbschzzt)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-20-2007, 12:15 PM Reply   
Umm, yes please stop posting pics of this truck, we get it. MTX also has a 10" sub box for behind the back seat, but I don't know if its worth a crap. Personally I would fab your own.
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-20-2007, 1:43 PM Reply   
hey thanks for the help ill check into the 150 sub box. sorry wont post again i just put on here because im not sure if it is extended cab, quad cab, or super cab or whatever. the first time i posted was to show my new ride thought that was what the website was about. then i posted on other threads cause people were bagging the Diesel. when they buy 50,000 dollar truck escalade.
im not bagging no one actually i think bling it is the one with the escalade. so not meaning it to him. this thread was pretty much directed to him cause ive seen some of his install pics and fiqured he could help me out.

again sorry about posting truck you will only see it one more time when march comes around and i get my boat out of storage and take some pics and let you guys see the setup and my winter projects i done to the boat. i love this website and all the threads, wouldnt get help any where else.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-20-2007, 2:25 PM Reply   
FORD.... hahahahaha.....
Old     (ncbschzzt)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-20-2007, 6:00 PM Reply   
Don't be a dork, tell us to kiss off! Seriously I would look into fabing your own, or atleast having someone do it for you. Prefab boxs are not the greatest in the world. Prefab is the best way if you have no other means of having one assembled. Still check MTX.com for a prefab for this truck. I think you can get it for under 150.00
Old     (ncbschzzt)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-20-2007, 6:01 PM Reply   
Don't be a dork, tell us to kiss off! Seriously I would look into fabing your own, or atleast having someone do it for you. Prefab boxs are not the greatest in the world. Prefab is the best way if you have no other means of having one assembled. Still check MTX.com for a prefab for this truck. I think you can get it for under 150.00

P.S. you have a extended cab.
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-20-2007, 6:52 PM Reply   
I think ford calls it a super cab.
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-20-2007, 7:24 PM Reply   
It is simiar to this box

http://www.soundoffaudio.com/item.cfm/id/2086
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-21-2007, 10:01 AM Reply   
thanks for the help i prefer one to go behind seat and i did my own custom box in my last truck and was just wanting a easy way out. i think im going to give it a shot, will post pics when finished thanks for the help. i think your right John thanks.
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-21-2007, 11:46 AM Reply   
i think this is what you're looking for

this:
http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/manualsQuickInstall/thunderforms/F250X00_specs.pdf

or

this:
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealthbox_detail.php?fit_id=1499
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-21-2007, 7:47 PM Reply   
thanks evilone that is exactly what i was looking for when i put this thread out there the front console sub box from jl audio. dont think it gets any better than that. thanks for all you guys help, ordering tommorrow. good looking tige too.
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-22-2007, 8:37 AM Reply   
JL box is the best I have heard in that truck IMO, that box pounds. I believe it was a 10" I heard.
Old    swass            01-22-2007, 8:38 AM Reply   
Here's another option for you. I have an amp under the seat, so this was the way to go for me.

It fits nicely behind the seat.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-6qv93Fhmkgz/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=108BASSLT
Old     (jsxstar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-22-2007, 9:08 AM Reply   
i had one built to fit in my extended cab. It fits a 12" eclipse sub. The box is built to fit from the backside of the front bench seat and the back seat. The sub faces down. its low profile and sits pretty low. it fits great and only affects a little leg room for the middle passenger in the back.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-22-2007, 9:50 AM Reply   
Check the JL audio website, they make some stealth boxes you might want to look at, maybe get some ideas from there.

If you have bucket front seats, they make a center console stealth box, pretty cool.
Old     (loffgren)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-22-2007, 10:28 AM Reply   
go with the stealth box....
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-22-2007, 11:14 AM Reply   
thanks i called a j l audio dealer here today and he quoted me $500.00 so im going to make a few more calls and then order.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-22-2007, 11:46 AM Reply   
I have the JL Stealth and nothing comes close but yes they are very ricey. The MTX wont fit in 05/06. THere is a guy on Ebya that makes a sweet custome box for areasonable price theat will work with some mods to back wall and its priced right.
Rick
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-22-2007, 1:36 PM Reply   
Danny....NICE truck bro. Sounds like there are some jealous Julie's on here! I am currently looking at F 250's too. Let us know how that sub box works out! For future reference....if you apologize and all that blah blah with haters..you're playing their game. Just ignore them.....they'll shut it.
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-22-2007, 3:14 PM Reply   
No problem. I'm glad I could help.

I haven't seen the space behind the seat on a "SuperCab" personally, but I was thinking it would pretty hard to get a box behind that seat. If MTX could only make a box for under the seat I'm guessing there isn't a lot of room there.
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-22-2007, 4:49 PM Reply   
thanks fox, i am playing there game because i soon as i pull boat out for winter and get the pics with boat and truck i will post it once a day until summer ends everytime i see a escalade thread on here. im going with the stealth box under center console and it is jl audio so i already no it will hit because i have a jl w13 in the boat that is the sweetest bass i have ever had. once again thanks for all the help and i will guve you guys an update once it gets here.
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-23-2007, 6:43 AM Reply   
Danny....post up plenty of pics of that box. I'd like to see some before, during and after shots.....so I'd know what to expect.

Right on with the pics of the full setup!! How much have you actually had done and how much was already on your truck when you got it. If it were totally stock....props bro...you have a good eye for pimping. The only thing I would do different would be camo rocker panels.....it's a Southern thing! lol
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-23-2007, 11:07 AM Reply   
i bought it like that everything done. i put a chip in it, tinted the windows, and put a system in it.

has 60,000 miles and got it for 24,000 out of Arizona some big wig just wanted to get rid of it. was a hell of a deal to me to pass up. check back in a week or so and i should have all the pics up, the jl rep here said it would take a week to order and get in, so i soon as i get it i will start.
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-24-2007, 9:29 AM Reply   
I'm digging that center console sub. I might have to pick one up for my '06. Depending on the year of your truck you could look at this setup as well. This was in my truck when I bought it, it hits, but doesn't shake. Not sure of the brand, but for what it is and the space it takes I give it a A+ plus I didn't really even know what was there.Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload