Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-30-2006, 12:46 AM Reply   
Listen, CWB has kicked in a significant amount of gear to the Toys for Tots auction... Yet the two largest (arguably) manufacturers, and "hot & new" manufacturer have contributed nothing?? And what about O'Brien and all the others?

So my question is: where are you?? Or do you only throw money at events that you know will provide a significant return on your marketing dollar? This is your opportunity to have a little fun and let your market know that what matters to them, matters to you. And get a little free marketing.

Now GET TO IT!
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-30-2006, 7:01 AM Reply   
Also, this equipment is a lot cheaper than what they sell it for. A full setup with a rope and vests only costs them $300 to make, but is worth $1000 to average guy. You think a large board company could spare $300 worth of gear.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-30-2006, 10:32 AM Reply   
Maybe it's CWB's way of rewarding WW because everytime someone asks about any other manufacturer's product, someone invariably says, "buy a new transcend with hinge tech bindings."?

Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-30-2006, 10:33 AM Reply   
BAH HUMBUG
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-30-2006, 2:12 PM Reply   
I must admit that I'm super impressed with CWB's contribution this year. It's way above and beyond what they needed to do. I have to put it out to their riders as well for getting together and autographing the product because that makes a huge difference in the amount we get from the auction!

Also, keep in mind that some companies, like Liquid Force, are giving indirectly through their riders. Both Danny Hampson and Taylor McCullough are contributing autographed boards from Liquid Force. Ben Greenwood wanted to get in on the action too, but he found out about it just a little too late.
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-30-2006, 2:14 PM Reply   
BUY HINGE TECH BINDINGS!!!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-30-2006, 2:18 PM Reply   
I knew you would come around Mike.
Old     (deltawakerider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-30-2006, 2:21 PM Reply   
whats a hinge tech?...sounds gay
Old     (young)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-30-2006, 2:43 PM Reply   
uhhmmm hahmmmhaterhoohar uhhhmmm
Old     (flying_fro)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-30-2006, 2:59 PM Reply   
thats a good question rjizz
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-30-2006, 3:02 PM Reply   
"whats a hinge tech?...sounds gay"

HAHAAH...Dammmmnnn....good one Rjizz!
Old     (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-30-2006, 3:05 PM Reply   
Quote By RJizz (deltawakerider) on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 2:21 pm:

whats a hinge tech?...sounds gay

Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-30-2006, 3:09 PM Reply   
I think it is great that CWB has kicked down so much for this great cause. however, just because some of those other companies are not as involved with this particular auction, does not mean they are not involved. they could be doing a ton of stuff behind the scenes. lots of people and companies make donations without all the publicity.
either way, it is a great cause, and everyone should get their bids out there!
Old     (marvin)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-30-2006, 5:11 PM Reply   
I don't ride CWB but I think it is real cool they are so involved in this thing. Makes me look hard at their products. Good job guys!!! It would be nice to see the other boys step up.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-30-2006, 5:25 PM Reply   
It's also a bad time of year to be asking for donations. A lot of companies have already maxed our their budgets in the giveaway department for 2006, so they can't kick in anything. Hopefully, we can get those companies to add the Toys For Tots auction as a line item on their promo budget for 2007.

To be honest, I was up until 6:00 this morning setting up these auctions. I would not have welcomed any more contributions because there just isn't enough time to get it all set up. The response was overwhelming and we have already almost hit last year's bid totals and it hasn't even been 12 hours. That's good stuff!!
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-30-2006, 5:27 PM Reply   
When you're owning the whole market, I guess you have more budget with which to play..
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-30-2006, 5:36 PM Reply   
Anodyne, chill out man.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       11-30-2006, 8:22 PM Reply   
the whole market? socal is just one market. its actually a relatively small market in the big picture of things.

But, I'm certain that since a lot of WW posters are in socal and would give their left nut for CWB, that it will be considered the "whole market" - whatever that means...
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-30-2006, 10:04 PM Reply   
If it makes anyone feel any better, im in Florida and feel like a minority on this site and for riding both LF and HL over CWB! And I have a friend on CWB.