Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (wake21)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-20-2006, 8:36 PM Reply   
I am going down to destin florida for spring break and i was wondering if there were any wakeboard camps around that area.
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-21-2006, 8:29 AM Reply   
I'm thinking of taking my son to this one around the same time. I haven't talked to anyone that has been so I can't vouch for how good it is, but it is close to me. I know they booked up very quickly this year if that's any indication. When will you be down?

corypickos.com
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-21-2006, 8:53 AM Reply   
If you are a trick skier then Cory Pickos will be a great instructor. He used to hold the world record. Ask him to show you a toe wrap, its phenomenal.
Old     (wakechick418)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-21-2006, 8:59 AM Reply   
My boyfriend and I just got back from The Boarding School and we have been going for the past 4 years. It is an amazing experience everytime. U should def. check it out!
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-21-2006, 12:27 PM Reply   
I second the Boarding School----always a great time!! Relaxing, fun, laid back approach to teaching. How could you go wrong with the likes of Shaun Murray, Travis Moye, Kyle Ratray---and whoever else happens to drop by. I was just there and had the opportunity to witness a 65 and 67 year old grandma/grandpa rip it up! Grandma Edwina did 540's on a wakeskate and rode 5 sets her first day! Give me something to shoot for--Good luck
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-21-2006, 1:00 PM Reply   
Chuck,

Was that Leon & Edwina Cooper?
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-22-2006, 8:11 AM Reply   
Allen, yes it was--what an inspiration!!!
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-22-2006, 9:02 AM Reply   
Leon and Edwina are some of the nicest people. They participated in the AL INT this year and both are going to the nationals in California. Truely inspiratioinal.