Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-20-2006, 6:26 AM Reply   
My girlfriend is ust learning to board, she really loves it, so now' im in search of a board for her. A buddy of mine has a gonzalez that he'd give me cheap and I'm just wondering if it'd be a good board for her to learn/progress on?

Oh yea, riding it is out of the question as it's already in the 30's here at night.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-20-2006, 6:45 AM Reply   
What size is it and what year? I'm sure she could ride it, but I would pick a more forgiving board. You can pick up cheap Beginner board for her on ebay for her to start out on. Check out the board wizard to get an idea on where to start.

(Message edited by byrd on September 20, 2006)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-21-2006, 9:14 AM Reply   
The Gonzalez isn't too aggressive. Its essentially the original Hyperlite Premier (now Era) with a little tweaking. Any board with molded fins makes a great beginner board, yeah it has a three stage rocker but its not over done. Slap a 1.3" fin on there and i think it would make a fine beginner board that she can progress on for years.
Old     (allent17)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-21-2006, 10:01 AM Reply   
My Wife uses a O'Brien Vixen and she loves it. I would highly suggest the vixen and you could probably get a nice deal on a 2006 pretty soon!
Old     (sexynakedboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-21-2006, 12:03 PM Reply   
i ride the Liquid force Angel thats an awesome board its a lil more expensive but she can ride if for a long time..
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-21-2006, 12:50 PM Reply   
I'll have to check around on the Vixen and the Angel, she was also wondering about the CWB Sapphire and the lotus, any other thoughts?
Old     (sexynakedboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-21-2006, 1:01 PM Reply   
The Cwb line this year is awesome.. im thinking about going and trying out some Cwb stuff here super sooon...i cant tell you how they ride yet but when i get my hands on them ill let u know.
Old     (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-21-2006, 1:08 PM Reply   
I ride the sapphire, and I love it, I'd recommend that board to anyone.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       09-21-2006, 1:25 PM Reply   
Yes the Ladies CWB lineup is great. The Lotus, Bella and sapphire are all great boards, it just depends on her weight and height for witch one she would ride.
The Sapphire is a 134cm good up to 160.
The Lotus is a 131cm good for up to 140.
The Bella is a 124cm good for up to 110.
All the Ladies bindings are great from CWB, the Bindings with the hinge tech just make it easy to get in and out of the bindings and they have great heel lock.
Best of luck on your search.
Old    wakejjboard12            09-21-2006, 1:33 PM Reply   
i ride a guy's setup... they seem to better quality than any girl's board i have ever riden. premier up to this point... thinking about demoing ronix