Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-15-2006, 9:43 AM Reply   
I just got some 3DS bindings and they are super tight. I am pretty sure they will be cool once they get broken in, but I'm not sure my feet can take the pain until then. I've seen people talk about soaking bindings in warm water, presumably with their feet in them? Any other tricks to loosen them up?
Old     (josnow1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-15-2006, 9:49 AM Reply   
I insert a coke can from the toe end of the bindings and soak in hot water. Did this several times per binding and they feel great now.
Old     (toby_yeo)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-15-2006, 9:52 AM Reply   
i wear mine in the bath
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-15-2006, 10:07 AM Reply   
Put empty beer bottles in the toe ends everytime you put your board up until they are comfortable. If you have a hot tub you can wear them in the hot tub. Word of warning though, if they get too loose, they might not fit any more, so check them every couple of days if you do the beer bottle trick.

(Message edited by byrd on September 15, 2006)
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-15-2006, 10:47 AM Reply   
Guys, if they are new 3ds bindings, its guna be kinda hard to put cans into the toes.....CDub
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-15-2006, 11:05 AM Reply   
LOL!!! I'm not familiar w/ Hyperlite....Just cut the toes out and shove beer bottles(empty of course) in and you should be set

(Message edited by byrd on September 15, 2006)
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-15-2006, 11:15 AM Reply   
Where are they tight les? It really depends on what region you need loosened...
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-15-2006, 11:46 AM Reply   
i just got a pair of 07 3DS bindings and my first ride they were really tight. So, i took them home and wore them a couple times while watching relentless (a classic) and now they are night and day.....slip em on with some slime at home, and you should be good after a couple times....
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-15-2006, 12:01 PM Reply   
07 3ds? how the heck did u get those
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-15-2006, 12:23 PM Reply   
a dealer had a pair from a warranty exchange, and i guess i caught him on a good day when i went to exchange my broken 06 murrays.....the 07s are awesome...they got rid of the snakeskin liner, and now have a liner that you can actually get into completely dry. similar to the shanes....
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-18-2006, 3:10 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the suggestions. Garret, they are tight everywhere. I haven't been able to get them on yet. I let my 15yo ride on them, he loosened em up a bit and I have tried bottles in the toes and ankles in hot water, which looks like it made a difference. I decided to give it a couple of days so just slapped my factions on the new 3DS and rode that. So different from my Era board. Too bad the bottom of my foot isn't shaped like a beer bottle because I've got a nice convexity in the footbeds now.