Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old     (knwebs)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-24-2006, 8:58 AM Reply   
I just got a new Calabria and need to get tower racks for my boards. A good buddy of mine has an 05 21v Supra and the board racks swing towards the back of the boat so you can easily put boards on and off. This is a HUGE benefit if you have a binimi.... The problem is I don't want to buy a rack that has Supra engraved on it. Does anyone have/know of a rack that has the swing capability? If so please let me know. If you have two for sale PM me.

OK, I realize I just used swinging and racks in thread so don't go too wild on me!
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-24-2006, 9:10 AM Reply   
You want the Roswell Swivel.
http://www.roswellwakeair.com/content/view/41/71/

You can take that swivel mechanism and mount any of their racks to it. The Caddy and the Team are sick.
Old     (knwebs)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-24-2006, 9:26 AM Reply   
NAW, you are DA MAN. Thanks sooo much!!!!
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-24-2006, 9:31 AM Reply   
While I think the swing racks are a great idea, they are very expensive right now. It's not worth $1400-1500 for me to have racks that swing. Just my opinion.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-24-2006, 9:41 AM Reply   
No problem Ken. Let me know if you need to find a dealer local to you.

Retail on a set of swivel clamps and a pair of racks is around $800, depending on what rack you would go with.

Having used swivel racks the past few seasons I think they're well worth it.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-24-2006, 9:50 AM Reply   
NAW, I thought they were closer to $600-700/per rack with the swivel. A pair for $800 is a great deal. Even the cheezy Mako (old) stock racks were $600/pair.
Old     (wakeair1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-24-2006, 9:51 AM Reply   
Check out Nicerack.com they make one of the best rotating racks on the market.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-24-2006, 10:02 AM Reply   
nice-rack.com
nicerack.com is very eye candy but not for wakeboards..
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-01-2006, 1:33 AM Reply   
NAW are you a dealer?
If so hit me up...
Old    ausbill32            08-01-2006, 11:22 AM Reply   
I have the 21v Supra 2006 and I no longer like my swivel racks. They rattle like crazy when going through wakes and they also a pain. I keep having to oil them everyweek so the balls don't rust into place. Lastly, the little black clips that you slide into place to keeps the boards from falling out bend pretty easily. My friend broke my clip a couple of weeks ago and I asked how much to replace it at the dealership and they said I had to buy and entirely new rack since there is no way to simply remove the broken clip or the bungee part cord from the rack. That's insane...so mean while I have a dorky looking piece of velco that I have to fasten each time now which is a pain in the butt.
Old     (jbwaken)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-01-2006, 11:27 AM Reply   
ken check out nicerack.com...super nice guy and good service...
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-01-2006, 11:31 AM Reply   
William-Your racks are under the manufactureres warranty (assuming you bought it new from the dealer you speak of). Tell him to get you the parts you need and fix it.

Also, you don't need a whole new rack. At most, you need a new set of tines.

Upload
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-01-2006, 11:45 AM Reply   
Joe I have emailed nicerack and no response, visited their websit and the video for the slingshot doesnt work nor any prices?
Old     (roswell_wakeair)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-01-2006, 12:16 PM Reply   
William,

Please fire me an e-mail to marc@roswellwakeair.com. I'll take care of your clip problem right away- Your dealer may have been misinformed but we can get you just the strap and you can replace it yourself.

Thanks

Marc Poirier
Old     (supratweaked)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-01-2006, 8:09 PM Reply   
I 2nd williams thoughts. The Roswell racks that were on my 05 Supra would rattle and often got stuck and would not swivel. They do look nice on the garage wall though.

Vince
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-01-2006, 8:18 PM Reply   
Marc since you are in this forum can you answer about the rattling with the racks?

Is it owner neglect, or bad racks?

I am getting a set soon and I do not want to encounted this problem of rattling, I have never heard of it but nor do I want to deal with it..
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-01-2006, 8:39 PM Reply   
Does anyone have the Skylon Aftershocks on their ride. They look to be the best aftermarket design I have seen to date. I would be very intrested in hearing some opinions on the Aftershocks
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-01-2006, 8:49 PM Reply   
I've posted request but nobody responded. not sure about the strut thing but it looks as though it would be good.
Old     (roswell_wakeair)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-02-2006, 8:14 AM Reply   
Kenny,

I apologize for the delay I was swamped yesterday and didn't have a chance to hop back on here until this morning.

As for the rattling issue that William was talking about it is the first feedback regarding any rattling that we've gotten. Over continued use some of the racks have developed a small amount of play but no rattling issue has ever been identified- I am coresponding with William about his specific issue and will do my best to solve it. The current racks do require some general maintenace (keep them clean, check the tightness of the main shoulder bolt) but overall have worked well for the majority of customers.

For those out there that currently have issues with 2005-2006 swivels there will be an option through either S. Choice's customer service or Roswell directly- Please e-mail me at marc@roswellwakeair.com and I will make sure we keep you up to date with how the change out will take place. We have 2 options that we are putting in place and will work with everyone as best we can to resolve any issues.

If you are looking at a 2007 Supra you will be seeing a new OEM Swivel that we've developed and tested under some pretty rough conditions. It has been fully overhauled and includes a failsafe locking pin for extreme usage. I'll be able to show everyone (or I'm sure Marty will post pics) next week after the Supra Dealer meeting...

Marc Poirier
OEM/Team Manager
Old    thickens            08-02-2006, 9:17 AM Reply   
I too have the '05 21V swivel racks and after Marc sent me the kit to change out the moving parts I have had very little trouble and definitely no rattling problems. Just some sticking issues that a little lube seems to cure. I am glad to see a company and its people stand by there product like this. Roswell is the best - Thanks
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-02-2006, 9:32 AM Reply   
Thank you Marc for addressing the issue not only for me but for current owners.

Since I have just purchased mine this gives me confindence in the company that it stands behind its product. I am eager to recieve my racks, as with any swival point it does not suprise me that it need normal lubing, nor would it surprise that there are owners who never do this and complain thats it a bad product.

Since there seems to be a small rattling problem with some of the racks it good to see that you have already addressed the issue and have a corrective action in place.
Old    ausbill32            08-02-2006, 10:06 AM Reply   
Hey Guys,

Mark is hooking me up. He's sending me a replacment clip/bungee strap and he's also working with me to resolve the rattle/play issue. Awesome response from Roswell, wish the dealer knew this stuff. I'll keep you all updated on the rattle/play issue - he's sending me something te test. Thanks again Mark you rock.
Old     (boarder33)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-29-2006, 7:54 AM Reply   
Hey Marc, Any chance that you guys are coming out with an update for the straps? These things are a bit difficult to use especially with the metal clamp (scratches).
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-29-2006, 8:19 AM Reply   
I was on an 06 21v last week and didn't notice any rattle caoming from the racks. But I was not a fan of the clip on the end of the bungee. IMO sitck with the traditional bungee or go to the clamp style, similar ot the MC racks.
Old    thickens            08-29-2006, 12:03 PM Reply   
I would also like to ad that I cannot get a surf board into these racks. Anyone got a work around for that?