Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old    bendboarder            03-13-2006, 9:02 PM Reply   
We are going to the OWC April 6-11, and need to know of a few good hotels that are in a decent and fun area (bars and restaurants) in Orlando.
Thanks ALL! Rick
Old     (lftaylor)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-13-2006, 9:11 PM Reply   
Is price an issue?
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-13-2006, 9:50 PM Reply   
One of the cables is down, but I would guess that it will be back up soon.
Old     (spoonman)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-14-2006, 6:14 AM Reply   
The best deal around is the one off OWCs website like 50$ a night. otherwise lot of hotels on I drive that are about 15min from owc DON'T saty at the Radison on I-drive. I've allways went down to ride and most of the time went with kids so I really can't help much with the party scene but the guys at owc or performance can help for sure.
My favorite place to eat is Fish Bones. One block off I-drive on Sand Lake road. Have fun.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-14-2006, 7:11 AM Reply   
If you want to to something sooo fun (with the kids too) get ahold of Bogey Creek. They will take you gator hunting at night.(In one of those big fan boats) We have gone a couple of times and it is something we all will remember. check out
http://www.bcairboats.com/
You (and the kids) will love it.

(Message edited by teamvaldez on March 14, 2006)
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-14-2006, 7:56 AM Reply   
The hotel deal is with the quality inn. It's cheap...breakfast isn't much and the happy hour is even less...but it's cheap! We like going up to Buena Vista for the after hours. There is a Hooters, and Irish place, a pool hall, an orlando ale house that's usually full. Mostly I get too tired to spend a lot of time in the bars.
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-14-2006, 8:10 AM Reply   
Robin,

We the Payton's are going to Orlando tomorrow to ride with Glen. Me, Linda and the boys are going to take you up on your recommendation to Bogey Creek. I might have to bring back a couple gators to drop in the Delta

Chuck
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-14-2006, 9:07 AM Reply   
Locals avoid I-Drive at all costs.

If it was me and I wanted to party I would stay downtown.

Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-14-2006, 10:05 AM Reply   
yeah downtown orlando is where the party scene is at, but if you are going to orlando to ride, it is too far away. there are a bunch of cheap motels around odub which is what i would do. you can always drive to the bars if you have too but being close to odub is key
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-14-2006, 10:16 AM Reply   
I'd much rather drive half an hour to go ride than drive half an hour after I have been out on the town! I have never been to odub more than 4 hours at a time anyway.