Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (rmbrinner)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-01-2006, 12:16 PM Reply   
I have a 02 X-Star with the stock Clarion head unit. It does not have an auxillary input, so I don't think it will be possible with this head unit.

What are my options? If I purchase another head unit, I would like to be able to use the remote that I have now on the side dash, or at least get a head unit which comes with a remote that fits it. I know the Clarion M455 has two auxillary inputs and will work with the remote I have now. I don't want to go with the Clarion interface because I want to be able to use the controls on the ipod. I would also like to be able to play through the docking input as opposed to the headphone jack.

Is there anyone that makes an adapter that would allow me to do the above mentioned things, which you can just wire in through the auxillary inputs, and somehome connect to the battery?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-01-2006, 12:24 PM Reply   
buy an eq/line driver.....it will acomplish all those things and woudl be under a $100 and will do much more for your stereo. I've got the clarion 51xx? keeping the ipod charged is another issue.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-01-2006, 4:31 PM Reply   
along the same lines...

Anybody have any good mounts for a full size Ipod? (not the cupholder variety)
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-01-2006, 5:53 PM Reply   
you could also go with a wired FM modulator....it will give you a set of rca inputs
Old     (rmbrinner)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-01-2006, 8:30 PM Reply   
What about the Harman Kardon Drive + Play with a wired FM Modulator? Does anyone have this setup? Is the sound CD quality?
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-02-2006, 12:03 PM Reply   
I will post pics of our set up as soon as I can . We have the stock calrion deck and a BOSS powered line driver and the ipod wiring from pheriphal(charges and delivers the sound to the line driver), and a clean easy removable glass mount for the ipod to sit in. Pics to follow soon
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-02-2006, 1:52 PM Reply   
we ordered our new MC with an mp3 input jack for the JL system. I know this system doesn't compare with some of the aftermarket setups you guys are running, but does anyone have any experience with this Ipod setup? I don't know what to expect from it...
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-02-2006, 2:35 PM Reply   
Does your deck allow you to have a cd changer? If so check out an aux input adapter (usually about 25 bucks) and then you can just run a Y-adapter off of that. I did that in our boat and the total cost was 25-30 dollars.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-02-2006, 3:30 PM Reply   
i run mine through the cd/aux like patrick on my kenwood deck. they flush mounted a pair of rca jacks next to the deck and it sounds sweet. there's 12-volt power right next to that and i just went to the shack and bought a 12-volt charger with the ipod tip and i'm set. it's nice, but i still don't use it as much as i do a mp3 data disc though.
Old     (rmbrinner)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-03-2006, 6:58 AM Reply   
Bruce and Patrick - Can either of you recommend a specific aux input adapter and Y adapter that will work with my DIN CD Changer input?
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-03-2006, 9:22 AM Reply   
Matt,

I'm not using a Y-cable because I don't have a changer. So, it's just the RCA cable with the Kenwood connector on one end. I would suggest you contact a local installer, someone who does quite a few boats and talk to them. They wouldn't even need to be a Clarion dealer most likely to help you out. I'm kind of surprised more people haven't commented because I know there are a lot of Clarion owners out there. You should be able to come up with a solution without having to change your deck. Don't waste your time with a FM modulator though, they sound like crap.
Old     (boardr2d)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-05-2006, 2:13 PM Reply   
alot of the times you can get an adapter cable that plugs in into the aux jack on the head unit and converts that to rca, (at least on kenwood decks)i am sure others have something similar, then just get a rca to headphone cable and plug it into your ipod headphone jack.
to keep it charded there is a griffin 12v charger with a headphone jack and plug the rca from your headunit in it, this way you can keep your ipod charged all day too. I did that in my truck then got rid off the headunit alltogether so just run my stereo system off the ipod.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-06-2006, 6:10 PM Reply   
If your head unit is an xmd-1 you can make an aux-in cable for it, go search on planetnautique.