Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (cool_dude)      Join Date: May 2004       02-10-2006, 7:23 PM Reply   
Is it just me, or is wakeworld the best wakeboard website on the internet? I have browsed and looked a dozens of over sights and none of them even get close to covering half the stuff that wakeworld does. Does anyone know a better site? I didn't think so. So heres to wakeworld and I hope you last a long long time.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-10-2006, 7:34 PM Reply   
IMO---in general--- wakeworld has the best threads and the people are more respectful to each other than the other sites. I have gotten to know some pretty awesome people here who would do just about anything for you from giving you something they don't use anymore to hooking you up with someone they know for what ever reason. I feel like I could join any group outing that is discussed here and be welcomed and would walk away with new friendships. It IS a great site.
Old    mendo247            02-10-2006, 7:45 PM Reply   
this is the best site! i just got back from an awesome day on the delta with four other wakeboarders who i would have never meet if it wasnt for this site! its nice to know that i could travel anywhere in the u.s.a and probablly count on getting a pull from someone!!
Old     (zride)      Join Date: May 2001       02-10-2006, 7:50 PM Reply   
wakeworld is the best site on the internet. They have been doing it longer than anyone else too. I remember when I first got into wakeboarding and I was fiending on anything wakeboarding. In the winter when the weather was bad and I was daydreaming of being out on a lake wakeboarding I needed a place that was all about this. Mags were there but I wanted more, there was no TV on wakeboarding, so I turned to the internet. Who was there, Wakeworld, and as startup-gimick websites have come and gone, Wakeworld has stood tall throughout the years and outlasted everyone with dignity,respect, and support from the riders. Not only that but they are the most recognized in the industry in terms of events and access to pro functions and all access passes for media because the industry respects what David Williams has done and when you think wakeboarding, media, and internet....Wakeworld is at the top!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-11-2006, 2:59 PM Reply   
Spanke just earned himself a free t-shirt!! :-)
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-11-2006, 3:21 PM Reply   
Wow, thanks for all the kinds words. It's really great to see that!!
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-11-2006, 3:48 PM Reply   
Yeah Thanks David Williams for puttin on the best wakeboard site EVER.
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-11-2006, 6:22 PM Reply   
what do i get for paying for a tshirt years ago :-)
Old     (cool_dude)      Join Date: May 2004       02-11-2006, 7:01 PM Reply   
(I'm not sucking up for anything) Also something cool is that if you send an email to any of the staff they actually reply. Try that on any other website. No one gives the service like wakeworld. The people on this site are extremly nice also. I've learned so much and advaced my riding tremendously.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-12-2006, 9:12 AM Reply   
Well...ummm...you received the t-shirt, didn't you? :-)
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-12-2006, 9:36 AM Reply   
I completely agree. We have met some really great people on this site that we now choose to spend days as well as weekends wakeboarding and camping with.

It certainly made the Pleasanton boat show a lot more fun to attend since so many fellow Wakeworlders were there to visit with.

Thanks Dave for such a great site.
Old     (autotunner69)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-12-2006, 10:03 AM Reply   
Yes I do agree, this is the best site PERIOD! the overall design of the the entire site is so user friendly. I work for a television & internet company and after the installation we have to show our users how to surf & such and I use Wakeworld as my example, just for the fact of how extremely easy it is to use. Then I set it as their homepage!

Plus a personal note-This site to me is like our tv services, at least 95% of our customers cannot "live" without their tv, and I for one am quilty of Wakeworld, normal life would suck without it. even on the days you login and it's down for some reason or another? No pressure Dave but Wakeworld IS a part of my everyday life and would serioulsy suck without it. And it keeps me constantly progressing throughout each year. It's awesome!

Thank You David! Here's to you and many many more years of great service and wakeboarding!
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-12-2006, 11:06 AM Reply   
Wakeworld is the best IMO, the threads are more pertinent, the people tend to be nicer and more helpful, and this sight has managed to stay away from obnoxious pop ups and non-wakeboarding advertising. Even if that has to happen in the future to keep the sight going, at least David has kept it uncluttered for as long as possible.
Old    xtremebordgurl            02-12-2006, 2:07 PM Reply   
Also, something that never ceases to amaze me is the incredible dedication that wakeworld has to giving back, so much mney is raised for good causes, its such a good thing to see. I'm always super stoked whenever I see people supporting wakeworld because not only is it all the awesome things mentioned above but it generates so much positive energy and gives so much to the community, its really an awesome thing. Kudos to dave for a job well done!
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-12-2006, 3:40 PM Reply   
Yea, another thing about Dave is anytime there is an event going on down south, you can always expect to see Wakeworld Dave. Like the freeze ride at Snug Harbor yesterday, we make the trek to visit with all of our SD friends ,Dave, Tyler, Josh,Jason,and the whole Wakesports crew, but there was was something missing, oh yea, DAVE!! I know that there was supercross but that wasn't till night time DAVE! We missed you but had a great time.
Old     (robert_t)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-12-2006, 4:13 PM Reply   
WAKEWORLD IS THE BEST SITE. I bought my first boat last April and since then I've meet the nicest bunch of people ever. A lot of them I consider friends now. I got into this knowing nothing at all and with this site I've learned so much I could not list. I've always looked for a way to thank Wakeworld for what it has done for me and my family. Everyone who has helped me thank you also. You know who you are. I can not believe my whole summer is almost booked up with people I've meet from Wakeworld. So in closing once again THIS IS THE BEST SITE.