Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old     (bigredhusker)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-11-2005, 9:59 PM Reply   
I plan on keeping my boat in a slip. The slip is covered with a combination lock, but I'm sure that doesn't deter all activity. What do you slip owners on public lakes do to cover up your tower goodies? Do you fold the tower down each time and use a full cover? Just leave it up and use a cover that doesn't cover the speakers? do they make a cover that goes over just the tower bar (like a bimini cover?) thanks...
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-12-2005, 9:10 AM Reply   
check out the tower sock dosent really slow down thieves too much but it covers the entire tower and out of sight ouy of mind
Old     (tahoe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-12-2005, 10:20 AM Reply   
Another option is getting quick releases for your speakers and racks then lock them up before you go home.

Old     (bigredhusker)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-12-2005, 4:10 PM Reply   
i'm new to the boat.. It's a titan tower with titan speaker.. do they make a quick release for these items?
Old     (speakersox)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-12-2005, 9:26 PM Reply   
Check out speakersox.com
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-12-2005, 10:11 PM Reply   
Scott, I keep my boat in a slip in a pretty high traffic area and have a full cover which covers the entire tower too. In addition to keeping "your goods" out of sight & out of mind, you don't have to worry about dust or bird poop on your tower/speakers/racks etc. The only drawback is the cost. Full covers (sunbrella) range from $950-$1250. For me, the peace of mind & lack of maint. was worth it. Good luck!
Old     (billthom)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-13-2005, 12:33 PM Reply   
Doesn't cover the whole tower, but I have some speaker covers from: http://www.screaminsacs.com/home.php

They work great for protection.
Old     (screaminsacs)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-13-2005, 5:29 PM Reply   
Thanks Bill for the plug! appreciate the feedback.

We are also not limited to just protecting speaker covers, we also make a full range of tower accessory covers; wake rack covers, tower mirror covers, teak deck covers, spare trailer tire covers etc.
http://screaminsacs.com/images/rack_covers.jpghttp://screaminsacs.com/images/spare_tire.jpg

(Message edited by screaminsacs on July 13, 2005)