Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-29-2004, 1:26 PM Reply   
my battery for my sony minidv sucks. i can film (using the viewfinder) for 5-10 minutes until it dies. so, usually, i film using the a/c adapter plugged in to a power inverter. now that i have a housing for the cam, i'm gonna need a long lasting battery.

i've seen some off-brand name batteries. are they as reliable as sony brand batteries? they're cheaper (on ebay) than the sony ones, but i think i'd spend the extra dough if they're not as reliable.

thanks for the help.
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-29-2004, 11:34 PM Reply   
I've had very good luck with my Sunpac batteries. I've had them for the past 2 years and they still work great.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-30-2004, 12:00 AM Reply   
Are you still using the stock battery that came with the camera? That's probably why.....

If you can find this battery (with the leds) for your model, I would seriously consider it. http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=311348&pfp=BROWSE It's great because you can find out right away if it's charged or not!

Just be careful of anything on eBay that starts with "Performance", "Pro", "Titanium ", etc... It's most likely crap!

Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-30-2004, 11:12 PM Reply   
None of the big companies make their own batteries anyway, and the brand name ones are WAY over priced. I've used generic batteries in both my video and still cameras with no problems. They were much cheaper and out performed the name brand ones.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-01-2004, 3:57 PM Reply   
how 'bout this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3856970473&fromMakeTra ck=true
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-01-2004, 5:18 PM Reply   
Two thumbs ups...
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-02-2004, 7:11 PM Reply   
I got replacement batteries on eBay for my Canon miniDV that were $80 and I paid $12. That was for the massive one that sticks out like 2 inches from the camera too. I'd be weary of paying $80 for the name brand when you could have 5 no-name batteries for the same price.
Old                12-24-2004, 8:00 PM Reply   
i found a super cheap panasonic battery on ebay brand new for like 20$