Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    phaturn            07-21-2004, 10:56 AM Reply   
I just bought the Liquid force Alpha's and tried them on dry yesterday. They seem kinda tight. They are a larges and my foot is like around a 11.
Should I have got XL's? Or will they start to conform to my foot? How do I know if there right for me as far as size goes?
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-21-2004, 11:00 AM Reply   
hopefully they fit well but you need to break them in first or you could try putting them in a hot tub.
Old    phaturn            07-21-2004, 11:06 AM Reply   
hot tub? what will that do?
Old    wakechick            07-21-2004, 11:20 AM Reply   
My Alphas felt tight when I put them on for the first time too - they were dry as well. I thought they would make my feet go asleep the first time I actually used them, but they never have. They will stretch a little bit once they are broken in.

If you put your bindings on and sit in a hot tub for a while, the bindings will mold to your feet. The hot water softens the material.
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-21-2004, 12:57 PM Reply   
I had to get XL's
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-21-2004, 1:19 PM Reply   
Try a bath tub instead of a hot tub. The chlorine doesn't do good things for rubber. Make sure you try them on wet. I cant even get my bindings on when they are dry. By the size of your foot it sounds like a large should be ok. I hate to say it, but I would rather have a binding that is slightly too tight, than a binding that is loose and my foot slides forward in.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-21-2004, 1:20 PM Reply   
Hey guido - where are you headed this weekend?
Call me later.
Old    sliderfreak            07-21-2004, 1:29 PM Reply   
so the bath tub helps w/ foot insertion?