Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 06, 2004

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-08-2004, 12:05 AM Reply   
My friends and I are thinkin' of a trip to Lake Powell. Anyone have houseboat info for mid-to-late September? We'll probably launch out of Wahweap(sp?), and head out towards Bullfrog...4 to 5 days(?). Which model is the best w/ all available amenities? Does Wahweap have newer houseboats, or should we look into renting elsewhere?

Thanks!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-08-2004, 7:02 AM Reply   
Joe,

The only place that can rent houseboats on Lake Powell is Aramark. http://lakepowell.com

It is MUCH more expensive than any other lake due to the Monopoly. They list the rates and I would think you should have no problem getting a boat at Wahweap at that time of year, though when doing it online you may run into difficulties. Just call and see what they say.

The only boat I have rented is the 59' Discovery. The Odyssey is new this year and an AMAZING boat. We checked it over at the boat show....it makes the Discovery look like a bassboat.

As far as newer houseboats at either marina, doesn't matter...they are all Aramark boats and exactly the same. There are more rentals at Wahweap as it is a bigger Marina.

I have the boatshow prices(price sheet) and code and they may still allow you to use it, you may need to press it a bit. If you want, I will fax it.

Oh yea...just got back from Wahweap and it looks AMAZING with the water so low.... A long cruise up the lake will be that much better.

E.J.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-08-2004, 7:03 AM Reply   
Navajo Canyon
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-08-2004, 9:29 AM Reply   
Holy shizz! Navajo Canyon looks totally different w/ the water so low like that.

Thanks for the info! Please do fax the price sheet to me @ 949-606-8252.

Thanks!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-08-2004, 9:52 AM Reply   
Fax has been sent.... Let me know if there is a problem getting it.

You're welcome, no problem... Happy to help.

E.J.
Old    bobbymucic            06-08-2004, 10:53 AM Reply   
Joe,

We rented a 59ft out of wahweap at the end of last august. It was a very nice boat.

A few wakeworlders gave me some great info last year. The best advice was to pre-board the night before, but stay in the marina. It cost some extra cash, but you can get started very early in the morning and practically get an extra day in.

I wouldn't try and venture too far up towards bullfrog if your trip is only 5 days. We had a blast in face caynon. it was about 1/2 hour from wahweap or dangling rope marina by speedboat, 3 hours or so by houseboat.

check out
http://www.elakepowell.com/freds/bays.htm

for lots of info on places to check out.

I organized a 15 person trip last year. I've got some planning info and cost estimates in a powerpoint file if you want. Just don't make fun of it
Old    leggester            06-08-2004, 11:15 AM Reply   
www.visitlakepowell.com

Current price list. a 59' for 5 day will run about a grand a day.

The 46' boat are fine too. 7 days for about 2500.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-08-2004, 11:15 AM Reply   
Bobby, yes, please send the Powerpoint file. Thanks!

E.J., got the fax...thanks!
Old    bobbymucic            06-08-2004, 11:42 AM Reply   
Joe,
I just sent it to your yahoo email.

As far as houseboat prices.
AAA and costco often have package deals, as well as lakepowell resorts. They will often include some gas and lodging the night before.

from costco.com
46' Voyager (maximum 10 passengers, sleeps 8) - $1,543*
54' Adventurer & Adventurer XL (maximum 12 passengers, sleeps 12) - $2,995*
59' Discovery (maximum 12 passengers, sleeps 12) - $2,995*

Valid on new bookings for arrivals through 12/31/04

Blackout dates apply to these promotional rates, 6/15-8/31/04

Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-08-2004, 1:28 PM Reply   
Be careful about the water level at Powell. I have been making yearly trips to Powell for the last 4 years and the water level is dropping at an alarming rate. Not like they will ever run out of water, but watch out for submerged rocks. They are everywhere and the patrol doesn't have time to mark all of them.

It is worth the trip and you will find butta conditions all hours of the day.
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-09-2004, 8:58 AM Reply   
59 footer for $2995? How long was that for? We just got back before Memorial Day and it was like 6K for a week. That was out of Wahweap. It was an awesome trip though. Here's a pic of our camp area which was a cove around marker 38.
Lake Powell
Old    leggester            06-09-2004, 9:03 AM Reply   
anyone been up to the San Juan? I'm curious because I have to plan a fella's week and we wanted to hit the river.
Old    corey_marotta            06-09-2004, 9:30 AM Reply   
In the July issue of Alliance they have a deal for renting a 59' Discovery. With rental you receive $300 bucks towards a LF or Hyperlite at Lake Powell Sports and $200 bucks in free gas for the house boat. It's on page 87.
Old     (bdehaan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-09-2004, 9:43 AM Reply   
Mike, awesome picture. We just got back from Powell over Memorial Day, and I'm already jones'in for another trip, can't wait until next year

Matt/Joe, I received an email from Aramark about a reservation code which could give you free gas for your houseboat, and reimburse you for your gas to get to Powell. Kicker is, must be Utah resident and book by 6/30, and I think use by 9/30. Maybe you've got a buddy in Utah that can book it for you. Let me know if interested as I will not be using it
Old    leggester            06-09-2004, 10:16 AM Reply   
I got one too. If you want to pay the 6K for the 59' you get the deal.

You can get basic rental of a 46' for about 2700 for 7 days IIRC. The 46ers are fine for us. And quite frankly, we've found they move about 2mph faster than the 52s when towing a boat also. Not much I know, but with an 8 hr house boat drive to the San Juan, every little bit helps.

Doesn't include the 46's.
Old    leggester            06-10-2004, 6:14 AM Reply   
No one's been to the San Juan yet this year?

(Message edited by leggester on June 10, 2004)
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-10-2004, 7:08 AM Reply   
Not I Matt....in fact, I(we) never really venture too far from the main marinas(Bullfrog/Halls or Wahweap). Gas and ice....very important.

GREAT camp site Mike....

E.J.
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-10-2004, 10:46 AM Reply   
Thanks. We didn't make it up that far either. Furthest we got was like marker 52. Here's a couple more pics though. Scenery we awesome. Best time I've ever had on a vacation! 9
Boat
Girls
Glass
Old    grizzle            06-10-2004, 11:19 AM Reply   
sweet pictures mike !
Old    wakejunkeygirl            06-10-2004, 11:24 AM Reply   
Mike--that was cuz Tracy was there!!!

BOOB-A-LICIOUS! (Sveds make mine look like bee stings!) LOL
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-10-2004, 11:27 AM Reply   
Mike....did you really come all the way from Florida? Did you drag your Nautique to Powell?

Powell is always a grand time.... Very few places I would rather spend a week with friends.

E.J.
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-11-2004, 8:51 AM Reply   
Thanks Clay.
Angi, that was part of it!
EJ, no I didn't bring my boat. some friends from Cali towed theirs out. we flew into Page.