Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through May 13, 2004

Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-05-2004, 2:24 PM Reply   
I was trying to refrain from doing this but its eating away at me
I am looking for a new boat and need to narrow down the options
the boats I am looking at are

SANTE
X2
Tige' 20v Riders
Sanger V210 or V215

the only important things for me in order is...

the wake
reliability and build quality
ability to handle big chop

It will be running in salt but I'll have a heat exchanger

The Dealers are all 6 hrs dve minimum and for Sanger a 12hr plane ride haha but there are plenty of mercruiser outfits close by for servicing.

space isn't a big concern normally the most we would have is 6 people but only 4 boards

normally I would rule out the sanger only because it is a mission to get one here to NZ but a friend of mine did it and it is a boat

sanger v210 and the the X2 and really like the wake on both of them
I am yet to ride behind the Tige and the SAN but this will happen soon :-)

Thoughts??
any input would be greatly appreciated especially with guys and gals that have been behind heaps of different boats
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-05-2004, 2:39 PM Reply   
i have an 03' x-star and i can handle choppy water really well because the front of it breaks up the water, it is very comfortable and the wake is the best
Old    chavezychavez            05-05-2004, 2:40 PM Reply   
The V215 handles chop extremely well and produces an excellent wake.

X2 has a great wake as well but haven't been in one in chop... yet.
Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-05-2004, 3:04 PM Reply   
is the 03 xstar the same as the X2 ??this always confuses me
and how much weight do you need to run to get the wake huge

chavez do you know how it compares to the v210 ?? and if you had to compare the X2 wake to the V215 what are your thoughts
Old    chavezychavez            05-05-2004, 3:34 PM Reply   
I felt the V215 was larger, but both were excellent size and shape, rock solid with a well defined lip. I enjoy riding behind both boats no complaints.

The V210 when weighted right is also killer. That being said, the 210 is not as "deep" inside, and will not handle the chop nearly as well as its big brother.

Last thought - the 215 is larger than the X2 inside. It's probably not by much but the 215 sure feels a heckofalot bigger!
Old    chavezychavez            05-05-2004, 3:34 PM Reply   
And yes the X2 is the old X-Star
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-05-2004, 4:25 PM Reply   
CBrown, no the X-2 is the same as the 02' x-star, 03' x-star is when they started with the pickel fork design
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-05-2004, 4:54 PM Reply   
Hey Matt when you say the x-star wake is the best have you ridden the TE210, X-2, Sanger V210 and 215, and Tige 20V to compare them too? Not hating just asking. Also what level rider are you?
Old    doubleup1080            05-05-2004, 5:03 PM Reply   
I would stay away from the X-2 if you'll be out when the water is choppy. Even when I'm in the delta and the wind starts to pick up or boats with large wakes go by I gotta really slow to keep from getting beat up in the boat.
The Sanger V215 sounds like a great choice or the SAN if it rides well in rough water.
Old    chris138            05-06-2004, 10:35 PM Reply   
you should look at the sanger V230 the V215 biggest brother, we have on and when weighted holy $#!% it has a HUGE wake, it also like the rest of the sanger line is a well built boat, we have no problem in chop handels it just fine, so for the mony i wouls say the 12 hrs is wort it but that is just me talkin it is really all about the dealer and how they treat you so look in ti that.

CHRIS
Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-06-2004, 11:33 PM Reply   
cheers Chris so when are we all going to see some pics of the wake and boat??
Old     (catdaddy76)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-07-2004, 2:08 PM Reply   
SUPRA,SUPRA,SUPRA!
Why is so hard to get through to you people?
All of the boats you named are great, but there is not a BETTER BOAT FOR THE MONEY than the Supra SSV. Save yourself 20K and get the boat that all of these guys love, but hate to admit it. My best friend is a Natique dealer and he will tell you that my SSV puts out a better wake!
Old     (wallyworld)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-07-2004, 3:21 PM Reply   
my friends tell me stuff i want to hear too, its because he doesnt want to hurt your feelings
Old    chris138            05-07-2004, 6:48 PM Reply   
cbrown,
ill post pics as soon af i figure out how to size them small enough to upload.
chris
Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-08-2004, 7:02 PM Reply   
Teddy I live in New Zealand bro supra SSV would be at the top of the list cause no one else has one over here but It'd cost me over 100kNZD to land one here
Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-09-2004, 1:35 PM Reply   
I'm not to worried about the chop thing anymore its pretty much just a straight shoot out between Sanger v215, SANTE, Tige 20VRE and an X2

215 like the boat, love the wake, (although that is based on a V210) have to import it though which will be a pain in the arse and so will warranty things from the dealers as he's in the US.

X2 Love the boat like the wake. I like the idea of being able to have a big wake and I haven't seen of or heard of a big wake out of these but I m happy to be corrected on this

SAN Like the boat Like the look of the wake, like the fuel consumption prospects a lot and that it doesn't require much weight to get a decent wake

Tige 20VRE Love the boat love the oversize boarding platform haven't seen or ridden the wake and to get one in NZ will cost me a little more than the others
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-09-2004, 4:10 PM Reply   
Darren,
actually i have, like I said, the X-Star wake is the best!(I like it the best out of all of the boat out right now!!)
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-10-2004, 5:28 AM Reply   
i think the X-Star wake is the best. i also have an X-2 which i think is the next best wake. I have ridden behind a SAN 210 and the wake is big the only thing i didn't like was that the wake is like a wall but.
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-10-2004, 5:40 AM Reply   
1. X-Star
2. X-2, SAN 210
Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-10-2004, 1:12 PM Reply   
How much weight do you put in the X2 and whats the wake like