Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-17-2011, 1:42 PM Reply   
Anyone else see this? Looks like an axis! Was trolling the MC Facebook and saw a pic of it. Looks good!! I'd post pics but idk how on an iPhone.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-17-2011, 2:21 PM Reply   
Here ya go...personally, looks cool until its cool outside and the wind is blowing the spray through the area where the windshield once was.
Attached Images

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-17-2011, 2:35 PM Reply   
vomit

That is all I can think of when I see that picture. It looks so much worse then the all black X15 someone psoted last week.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-17-2011, 3:03 PM Reply   
Let's post a better one. (with a better windshield...lol)

Last edited by lifetimewarranty; 11-17-2011 at 3:06 PM.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-17-2011, 3:24 PM Reply   
Definitely like the full windshield better!
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       11-17-2011, 3:42 PM Reply   
They have had this windshield on the 14v since it came out and now have it available for all of them. I personally think they are late on this as I really see a benefit with a four point tower being able to reach over to grab a dock but with the 2 pt is is very easy to grab by standing up.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-17-2011, 3:47 PM Reply   
I would not kick either of those boats out of bed!
Old    Nick911            11-17-2011, 5:10 PM Reply   
Think it looks okay. Might be worth a call to the dealer.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-17-2011, 5:21 PM Reply   
The power tower is growing on me for sure. Not sure about the expense, but it looks good...
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       11-17-2011, 6:45 PM Reply   
Something is just wrong with the motocross shock boots. You would think that MC would come up with something else. Everything is so blinged out and it looks like they grabbed the boots from a thirft store or something. They just don't fit in my opinion.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-17-2011, 7:18 PM Reply   
That tower is more ugly in person. Just plain awful. I'm not a fan of that chopped windshield either - reminds me of boat windshields from the 60's and 70's for some reason.
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-17-2011, 7:50 PM Reply   
Vomit X2!

MasterCraft is....trying to hard.

As a new/previously enjoyed MC owner as of this summer...I really don't like the direction the boats are taking IMO.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-17-2011, 8:25 PM Reply   
well the windshield does have a little bit of a curve to it on the sides so it will cover a tiny bit more than axis
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-17-2011, 11:18 PM Reply   
IMO, the new windshield is a step backwards. The blue boat looks great! Love the look of that tower. If it's functional also then it's MONEY.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-18-2011, 5:59 AM Reply   
Looks to me that the shock on the green boat is an updated design, sans motocross shock boot. It looks better than the first version, but still ugly.

I think I would like the new windshield design in practice and the look don't offend me either. I can see two advantages, 1) I dont have to stand up to talk to a downed rider and 2) I can remain in the drivers seat while waiting for the guy parking the truck and get tanks full, stereo set up, etc.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-18-2011, 6:41 AM Reply   
Hahaha
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-18-2011, 6:43 AM Reply   
This type of windshield configuration is actually pretty helpful with docking, talking to the rider as you pass him/her in the water, grabbing stuff out of the boat while it's on the trailer, etc. Does the wrap around windshield provide more protection from a cross wind and spray, of course it does. Does this setup have benefits too? Yes.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-18-2011, 7:04 AM Reply   
I agree with chatt. Riding in my buddies CC the window is not as long as mine. I can grab the dock talk to riders hand things to them. I live in Florida so being protected from cold wind means very little. For us southern guys I think the function out weighs the negatives.
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-18-2011, 7:54 AM Reply   
The windshield option on the X-14 is called the BTS.

And I still think the X-15 is sick. Had a ton of compliments on that boat!
Attached Images

Old    sperbet            11-18-2011, 8:44 AM Reply   
that's awful and it's awful on the Axis. form over function, I like being dry in my boat on a cold day.

I can talk to my rider and dock my boat just fine with a traditional windshield, it's not like it's a wall guys.

Last edited by sperbet; 11-18-2011 at 8:47 AM.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-18-2011, 8:47 AM Reply   
That X14v looks better then the picture of the green X25 but the power tower is way too much for that small X14v.

I know one thing. Mastercraft is keeping the billet aluminum salesman in business. Why don't they just do what is inevitable and make a complete boat out of billet aluminum. I for one am getting really sick of billet. It looks good as an accent hear and there but they use it entirely way to much. Their engineers must jerk it to the cnc machine all day or something. I am surprised they aren't blind. Although looking at their boats these days, maybe they are blind.
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-18-2011, 9:00 AM Reply   
That's the good thing about having options.... Some guys live in 100 degree weather and some live in 50 degree weather. It's like bimini tops and heaters. Not many heaters in Texas but you'd better have a bimini top!

As far as the billet..... The power tower is a piece of art. If you haven't seen one up close you should try to get a peak sometime. But again, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Brett must be in the plastics business! Ha JK...
Old     (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-18-2011, 9:05 AM Reply   
My guess for this price and if this is luxury boats they have to have electrical side glass as Malibu Corvette does
Attached Images

Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-18-2011, 9:09 AM Reply   
I agree with the above. If I lived in a warm climate like Florida the windshield without sides would be nice. Being that I live in Canada I def want sides to my wind screen for those not so warm days. Visually I do like a full wrap windshield better.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-18-2011, 9:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigtxmc View Post
That's the good thing about having options.... Some guys live in 100 degree weather and some live in 50 degree weather. It's like bimini tops and heaters. Not many heaters in Texas but you'd better have a bimini top!

As far as the billet..... The power tower is a piece of art. If you haven't seen one up close you should try to get a peak sometime. But again, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I don't doubt that it is a pretty amazing engineered tower but it still looks weird. It is piece of art like the oversized POS million dollar type writer eraser that the Seattle City council approved and calls art.

i know you were joking but seriously, just because you have an inhouse CNC machine it doesn't mean you need to use it on half the crap in the boat.

Obviously this is just my personal taste so I hope know one gets too offended. If you like it, more power to you. They are still really nice boats, just not my cup of tea and I think they are hideous.

I see that all black X15, and even though I like it, wonder how awesome it would look with this tower. Also, how it would be 5-10k less with this tower.

Last edited by polarbill; 11-18-2011 at 9:13 AM.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-18-2011, 9:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
I don't doubt that it is a pretty amazing engineered tower but it still looks weird. It is piece of art like the oversized POS million dollar type writer eraser that the Seattle City council approved and calls art.

i know you were joking but seriously, just because you have an inhouse CNC machine it doesn't mean you need to use it on half the crap in the boat.

Obviously this is just my personal taste so I hope know one gets too offended. If you like it, more power to you. They are still really nice boats, just not my cup of tea and I think they are hideous.

I see that all black X15, and even though I like it, wonder how awesome it would look with this tower. Also, how it would be 5-10k less with this tower.
forgot the picture
Attached Images

Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-18-2011, 9:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
That X14v looks better then the picture of the green X25 but the power tower is way too much for that small X14v.

I know one thing. Mastercraft is keeping the billet aluminum salesman in business. Why don't they just do what is inevitable and make a complete boat out of billet aluminum. I for one am getting really sick of billet. It looks good as an accent hear and there but they use it entirely way to much. Their engineers must jerk it to the cnc machine all day or something. I am surprised they aren't blind. Although looking at their boats these days, maybe they are blind.
HAHAHAHA.

Boats had been getting sleeker and clearner, moving away from the rounder designs. Look at the new tiges vs. older tiges for example. I loved the way all the new boats were looking....then MC came around and put an ugly, bulky, transformers tower and gave their X-star dualie hips... If MC stricly wants to be different...they are doing a great job. But if I had the money burning a hole in my pocket, i would NOT buy anything from the new MC line. I've seen some with the power tower that look alright, but the other companies products all look better.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-18-2011, 10:29 AM Reply   
Doesn't that windshield elimiante the need for the tower to come forward first. It could instead simply come back. Not sure about it but here is a picture that illustrates the thought...
Attached Images

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-18-2011, 10:32 AM Reply   
Not sure it could support the force pulled backwards if it was a two point angled backards without a brace on each side which would make it a 4 point tower.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-18-2011, 10:33 AM Reply   
I think that windshield has its place. I wonder if you can get a modification of the two? Like a full shield on the passenger side & a half shield on the driver side? How sick would that be for a wakeboard camp? Aesthetically a little funky...but functional.

I too am really surprised that MC hasn't added a power window option. It would be over the top but honestly rather functional, besides, isn't "over the top" MC's middle name?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-18-2011, 10:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigtxmc View Post

Actually since moving to Texas from colder climates, I've found more boats here actually have heaters, probably because people can still go out when they are most useful.
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-18-2011, 12:12 PM Reply   
I don't know about you guys, but I would like to see MC come out with AIR CONDITIONING!!!!!
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-18-2011, 12:44 PM Reply   
AC for drivers seat!
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-18-2011, 2:02 PM Reply   
How about a flat screen plasma on board for watching the big game? Oh yeah, Mastercraft already offers that as an option.
Attached Images

Old    Nick911            11-18-2011, 6:33 PM Reply   
God bless Mastercraft!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-19-2011, 6:31 AM Reply   
Agree with Chat!
This windshield is very functional. The ability for the driver to fend off from the drivers seat is a big step forward. Also it looks like you might be able to get in the boat threw this area now.
I like it. MC is slowly fixing the things and Imo making the boat more user friendly.
Making the glove box sit flat and opening up the window area improves the ability to see a rider or dock.
This might just be me but I hate being in a boat with a big wrap around window and high gunnals. Its great during winter time to sit down low in a deep v boat out of the wind but on a hot day its the worst.
Take a ride in my air nautique on a hot day and then jump in Jasons X star. Its 2 diffrent rides ones like being in a car with the windows down and the other is like with the windows up. Even with the center window open I feel like not enought air is flowing threw the boat.
I bet with this new window the air flows into the boat alot more.
I agree the new look might take some getting used to just like over the top biminis the seemed ulgy at first but after seeing how they work'd its a no brainer
Old     (d_rock)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-19-2011, 7:45 AM Reply   
"Their engineers must jerk it to the cnc machine all day or something"!!!! That is the funniest thing Ive seen on ww in a while! While I agree that having access from the drivers seat is important (one of the reasons why I hated the 04 tower on the SAN) there is something about the windshield design that just doesnt fit. Im sure in person I would be more impressed, but pics on the web just dont do it for me. It takes me back to the first time I saw an 01 Xstar with the reverse gel color shceme in black. I was in awe. Boats were so simple then. I cant imagine my boating experience beeting that much better with twice the cost and 10 times the gimmicks. But as always, if it floats your boat, get it.
Old     (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-19-2011, 8:06 AM Reply   
The best way to get fresh air and get in the boat
Attached Images

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-19-2011, 9:29 AM Reply   
Grant,

You are spoiled tho. Those Nauti windshields from 99-03 on their boats were perfect. Just the right amount of side cover and accessability. Nauti had the drivers side dialed. Their storage was awful tho. Puzzle like

If you ask me those windshields are perfect for d drives n comp boats. These days most wakeboats.....especially a 25 and a 15 sit so high out of the water you would still have to get up and bend. With the 2 point towers the need for accrssability out the side is not an issue even w a full windshield. There is nothing there to obstruct you.

Last edited by xstarrider; 11-19-2011 at 9:35 AM.
Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-19-2011, 10:47 AM Reply   
Wasn't the BTS windshield was introduced on the 14 line initially for skiers riding 40 off (on the 214v) and so that you could use a straight boom on any of the 14v, because otherwise you would have to use a special curved boom to get around that full windshield?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-19-2011, 7:31 PM Reply   
Jordan, that's correct. That's also the reason for the mini tower option before the latest transformer version. The older towerlegs also got in way at shortlines. So the mini tower allowed the rear bases to be moved closer to the windshield.