Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (fozz)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-01-2011, 2:12 PM Reply   
I can't decide on which tower speaker to order.

Pro60 - Cheapest alternative, least amount of midbass

Pro80 - Higher output than the 60, less $$ than the rev8

Rev8 - Most expensive of the group, best sound?

XM7 - Lowest hang height, lower cost alternative

Unfortunately I don't think there's a Wetsounds dealer around me. Ill be giving each speaker 300w RMS.

Does the extra midbass of the rev8 only become apparent while riding? I assume while surfing and hanging out in the boat the subwoofer should take care of that. When people say the 60's and 80's sound harsh... How harsh are they? Again, I've never had the chance to hear any wetsounds products first hand.

This is the last component I need for my install... I need to make up my mind and order something ASAP!
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-01-2011, 2:25 PM Reply   
You're just gonna hear the same B.S. from both sides, you really ought to seek out a demo of the products and make up your mind based on your own personal preference. Surely there are some members around you that might be willing to let you have a listen?
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-01-2011, 2:30 PM Reply   
Mike,

The REV 8 are the same price as the PRO 80's if you are going with the fixed clamp or X mount. The REV 8X and REV 8FC are $999 pr as is the PRO 80. The new patent pending TC3 swivel clamp option is $1099 for REV 8 SC.

Also, the new REV 8 fixed clamp has lower hang height than a PRO 60 and the REV 8 swivel clamp is about the same as the PRO 60. We will have the site updated soon with all the specs.

Shoot me an email to twhite@wetsounds.com and I can get you set up with our dist in CAN and see if there is anyone close to you.

The new REV speakers have a new motor structure and cone material on the mid bass resulting in more mid bass on all volume levels. So they have more mid bass and fuller sounded at lower levels as well. we have also developed a new compression driver and crossover network that results in a smoother tone throughout the whole range.

If the 60’s or 80’s are given the right power and tuned correctly, they will not be harsh. Tuning is the key. We designed the REV speakers to be easier to install and tune.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-01-2011, 2:44 PM Reply   
Mike,
I have the Exile XM7 plus Wetsounds 60, 80 and Rev8 all no display and live.
Both the Wetsounds Pro60s and XM7s are 6.5" HLCDs and both are bright...period. Although they have different response curves they are both peaky. Its a split when consumers hear them for the first time, maybe because they are preconditioned by what they read on-line or what they heard in person for themselves. I can't really say. I'm sure that neither manufacturer will be happy to read this. I think they both have value by hitting an HLCD pricepoint and having the ability to truely project over distance.
The Pro80 is simply louder than either the XM7 or Pro60. There's really no question about this as its not close. Until the Rev10 or another new offering ships you will be able to equal but not exceed the Pro80 in raw output.
And yes, the Pro80 is still peaky even though it has more midbass extension. Some of this will be moderated at wake range and some of this can easily be moderated with an EQ.
The Rev8 is more musical and much smoother in a way that you can't quite emulate with an EQ. And the benefits will really pay off at either surf range or while at rest.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (GhostSetter)      Join Date: May 2011       06-01-2011, 2:54 PM Reply   
Rev 8's available for sale yet?
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-01-2011, 3:00 PM Reply   
Ghost,
As an authorized on-line Wetsounds dealer we are shipping Rev8s now and all Wetsounds dealers who had them on order should have product in stock by now.

David
www.earmarkmarine.com