Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-16-2011, 9:45 AM Reply   
Not really sure where to post this but thought I could get away with it in the wakeboarding section. I am thinking about taking a new job that would relocate be to the Ft. Myers area. My wife is thinking about going back to grad school at Florida Gulf Coast. We are trying to find a good area to live. Wouldn't mind being close to the beach or water. I will be driving an hour into work everyday. Anyone that has lived there or lives there that can suggest a good area for young people?
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-16-2011, 10:09 AM Reply   
It's probably not the most hip place for young people, but I personally really like the Bonita Springs and Fort Myers Beach area.
Old     (d_h_wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-16-2011, 12:37 PM Reply   
Fort Myers Beach is where its at on spring break unreal!!!!! They also have a cable park called revolution.
Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-16-2011, 5:28 PM Reply   
I am thinking Ft Myers beach. I used to live in South Tampa/Hyde Park. Anywhere like that done there?
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-16-2011, 5:59 PM Reply   
I have lived here for 27 years.
FGCU is a very good school and I believe has a wakeboard team, boat and private lake!
Do you have children? Or are you the "young people" to which you refer? if so how old (are the kids).
Give me a shout and perhaps I can help. I get around some for an old guy.
Yes Ft. Myers Beach rolls for spring break. Right now and until after Christmas I can can get on-island from I-75 in about 20 minutes. Late Jan to late March the same trip could take 2 hours plus depending on far up the beach you go.
Welcome to the neighborhood and good luck.
John
239-248-7460
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-17-2011, 7:12 AM Reply   
I was born and raised in Ft Myers, but left in 75 when I went to college. So I have no advice.

My family lives there so I visit. Revolution cable park is pretty cool.
Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-18-2011, 7:15 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input guys. So you think if I live on Ft. Myers Beach I could be looking at loooong commute home and to work? I would be driving into Immokalee everyday.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-18-2011, 8:13 AM Reply   
I don't think the beach would be good for that drive. Either E Ft Myers or S Ft Myers would be better. In my days S Ft Myers was the outback and E Ft Myers was the slums. But nowadays I think S Ft Myers is pretty built up. That would be my choice.