Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-20-2011, 9:45 PM Reply   
it might've already been posted in an article or on here but can someone fill me in please? just curious. i saw a few photos of him with a sling on his right arm, and he had a bandage so i assume he had to have had an operation?
Old     (alevitt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-21-2011, 11:14 AM Reply   
Broken clavicle
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-21-2011, 12:41 PM Reply   
ouch. That doesn't sound lke a wake accident.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-21-2011, 2:07 PM Reply   
no doubt. I broke mine on a rope swing that broke before I made it to the water. Hope he heels up soon!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-21-2011, 3:06 PM Reply   
You forgot to perform a thorough inspection of the rope, Andy? That must have hurt!
Old     (acerock88)      Join Date: May 2008       03-21-2011, 7:51 PM Reply   
That sucks. I have broken my left clavicle 5 times and it is really annoying. Hopefully it wasn't broken too badly, and In like 6 weeks it should be fine.
Old     (d4m0)      Join Date: Apr 2009       03-22-2011, 7:32 PM Reply   
well i spoke to him on the weekend at the Monster Energy ProWake Show and he said he was hoping to get some riding in before he left Aus..
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-23-2011, 8:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
You forgot to perform a thorough inspection of the rope, Andy? That must have hurt!
Hands down one of the dumbest drunk things I have ever done. Rope swing would put you like 30 feet up at the peak. I was wasted trying to be funny and I rode the rope over the water and back over land. Once I was back over land and I peaked out the rope snapped. I stayed in perfect rope swing form all the way to the ground. Broke my Clavical, 3 ribs, and knock my self silly. Actually it didnt hurt that bad then, thanks to alcohol. But the next morning at about 5am after 3 hours of sleep I woke up and thought I got hit by a truck. Straight to the E.R. due to the stabbing rib pains and the fact that I could see the break in my clavical.