Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakeboard247)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-15-2011, 12:59 AM Reply   
Has anyone been able to ride the new hyperlite bindings - I don't recall the name and I won't look it up but basically its a modified snowboard binding and boot. Was wondering what the consensus was for performance. Personally they didn't look that sturdy to me and I can see having to constantly tighten the bindings along with having issues with hard wrecks.
curious on thoughts.
Old    Ron1xNautique            02-15-2011, 6:01 AM Reply   
I use stilts for work and they have almost the exact same binding setup, been using them on a regular basis for 2 years and haven't had any problems. Hyperlites ratchets even look to be better quality than the ones on my stilts but I'm also not putting the same torsion or flex on my stilts as we would be on our boards? My concern would be that the plastic lace will eventually strip out of the ratchet with some hard falls or that the rivet where it attaches to the base will tear but the design looks pretty good to me if it holds up plus the setup is 400 which is cheap in comparison to quite a few bindings. Don't plan on gettin on the HL wagon either way but still a cool design..
Old    Ron1xNautique            02-15-2011, 6:16 AM Reply   
Old     (flydenrict)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-15-2011, 9:46 AM Reply   
there is, or at least was, a huge thread posted on this a while back and had people weighing in that had actually used the bindings. I'd do a wakeworld search for that because I think you'll have better luck rather than trying to get peoples opinion again. from what i remember it was all good things besides the fact that you have to wear full-on boots in the boat. Good luck
Old    Ron1xNautique            02-15-2011, 3:59 PM Reply   
Didn't know there was a previous thread, maybe after reading it I'll have a different opinion, not that I thought mine was negative anyways:/
My comment about the HL bandwagon just means I'm not going to support them for my own reasons, I don't care what anyone else does and that's not even really a bash on them it just means I want to support the smaller companies in wake. No hate here just preference
Old     (jrich)      Join Date: Oct 2009       02-15-2011, 5:27 PM Reply   
Yea man, they are awesome. But like Jeff said you have to wear them the whole time u are in a boat. U can't take them off until your boat is on the trailer and out of the water. No really they come off just as fast and easy as any ct binding. I still haven't figured out why ppl think you have to keep the boots on all day. Just strap them back on the board and put it in the rack.
Old     (Musgrove)      Join Date: Dec 2010       02-15-2011, 8:38 PM Reply   
i like the idea but i just love my co. vandalls
Old     (flydenrict)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-16-2011, 7:17 AM Reply   
DNasty i get what youre saying, i just remember in the other thread that some people were talking about it. Good to hear that you like them. I have to say that the idea makes sense--separating the ridgid part from the soft flexible part