Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pierem)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-31-2010, 2:57 AM Reply   
So I'm looking for a new board as i broke my witness 09. I'm definitely going to buy a watson hybrid 143, and found some pretty good deal on the 2010. So my question is does it really worth to buy the new one ( 2011) is there a lot of changes ??
Thank you
Pierre
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-01-2010, 3:03 PM Reply   
Same board, better graphic. Not worth the extra coin IMO
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-01-2010, 6:29 PM Reply   
There is a different rocker line in the 2011. It's a subtle change from the 2010, but they found that with the flex, the effective rocker was less than the actual rocker so they put in a little more rocker in order to have the effective rocker taking into account the flex be the same as the regular core Watson.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-01-2010, 7:23 PM Reply   
how about some decent slider fins this time around? stock fins are useless and the lymans too loose.
Old     (luke_j)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-02-2010, 6:52 AM Reply   
why use fins on sliders in the first place?
Old     (BCMWAKE61209)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-02-2010, 8:52 AM Reply   
^^^^^ AGREED!!! Oh btw just picked up a 2011 hybrid the fins are different than last year. Mine came with .7 fins instead of .8. I also noticed that the fins are labeled right and left which i though was interesting........ but "Why use fins on sliders in the first place?"
Old     (jessemitchell)      Join Date: Feb 2009       11-02-2010, 12:44 PM Reply   
I like fins at cable parks for air tricks, and I hit sliders at the same time, so I like fins on sliders
Old     (BCMWAKE61209)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-02-2010, 2:26 PM Reply   
Hmmmm....... Good point!

No seriously it was a good point!!! Hahaha
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-02-2010, 6:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemitchell View Post
I like fins at cable parks for air tricks, and I hit sliders at the same time, so I like fins on sliders
yup exactly!

Loved the hybrid but needed a better fin solution so ended up going with LWA, rides similiar, its also a hybrid construction but the channels are bit different on the bottom and its a tad wider. But the key difference they come with indestructible slider fins. I smash sliders and kickers all week long and the fins barely show it! Pretty sure they will outlast the board he he
Attached Images

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-02-2010, 9:03 PM Reply   
What about Humanoid-wake's fins? they are "made of 100% REAL urethane and have a tiny bit of flex to them. No more splitting, shattering then sharding! ARRRR!" and they come in 3 different colors. cool

http://humanoidwakeboards.bigcartel....duct/ahoy-fins

f.y.i. not a rail guy and have never used these fins, but they have a nice blunt design and different material than pretty much anything out there.

there is also CDIfins.com BUT they are all aluminum, and i think most parks don't allow alluminum no matter the shape right? Anyway. i have the low pro fins from cdifins on my slingshot. .7 inches. pretty much the shallowest fin i have ever seen. i like it for the loose feel on the water. they have a really blunt edge to them and the base is really wide to spread out the pressure when boting them to the board. pluse the shine of the fins looks great IMO