Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (mryan318)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-23-2009, 10:55 AM Reply   
Hey guys,
I have a 2000 SAN with a flight control Tower on it and wondering if anyone has had their tower powder coated and about how much it cost? The boat is white with a navy blue strip and has a black tower. I am going to be put tower speaker and possibly lights on the tower of the winter. The reason for powder coating is my tower is faded and scuffed up. I am thinking about powder coating white. The tower speaker I am thinking about getting are Infinity 6100m that come with the speakers, amp, and talkback. Opinion on the two?
Thanks
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-23-2009, 11:05 AM Reply   
It's going to vary from place to place. A larger shop will do regular runs of common colors (like black or white) and not charge as much as less common colors.
I am thinking about doing the same with mine too, but in black. Price is like $300 if I bring it in completely dismantled & let him do it on his schedule.
Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-23-2009, 11:10 AM Reply   
I had a black tower powder-coated white, it was about $300 and that included having it sandblasted.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-23-2009, 12:37 PM Reply   
Matt, what is your goal outta the tower speakers? If you ant to hear them while riding those will fail you. If you're cool with them just sounding ok in and around the boat then you're golden.
Old     (mryan318)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-23-2009, 1:09 PM Reply   
I would like to be able to hear the music pretty good when I am riding. What tower speaker with a talk back system would you recommend? I know the wetsound setup are awesome, but they are expensive. For the people that have them are they worth the money?
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-23-2009, 1:32 PM Reply   
Are you talking about a PA System?
To my knowledge the WS420 is the only high end component on the market with this option built in. But that doesnt mean that you have to run a whole WS system to have the option.
There are some pretty great deals out there right now on tower speakers that would be a much better investment than the Infinity's..... IMO
Old     (texasmoombav)      Join Date: May 2009       09-23-2009, 2:05 PM Reply   
I have a black powercoated tower and love it. Yeah it does get knicked some but I expected that. I also have the WS-420, and it is absolutly awesome. Plus I have the Bullet tower speakers. We hardly ever use the Pa but we definitly use the EQ, it is great to be able to control the tower speakers and in boats seperate.
Old     (jasonba1)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-23-2009, 2:48 PM Reply   
I have a black powder coated tower sand blast and powder coat in knoxville tn was 160
Old     (rdmb)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-23-2009, 8:38 PM Reply   
Mine was $300. after I stripped it completely with aircraft paint stripper. The coating shop tried to media blast the old powdercoat but it wasn't happening. I guess some comes right off and others don't. They said the labor would be cost prohibitive. I probably put 10 hrs total with the stripper and pressure washer.
Old     (rdmb)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-23-2009, 8:51 PM Reply   
This shows before and after. Upload
Upload

Dupont Yellow 01 with Clear final coat.