Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (jamie)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-01-2009, 4:51 AM Reply   
I have just got an 09 Axis and love it for riding cable. I have seen a few previews of the LF 2010 gear and unless I have missed something... I can't see the AXIS anywhere!

I will be riding LF for the 2010 season, does anyone know if this model has been discontinued?
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-01-2009, 7:00 AM Reply   
No Axis next year. Henshaw will be riding the new FLX hybrid board in 2010. For cable, the FLX, the Watson Hybrid, the Ennen, the Witness Grind, and the PS3 Grind will all have the grind base or a variation of it. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old     (jamie)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-01-2009, 7:51 AM Reply   
Thanks Andrew. Gutted.. really am, I love this Axis!

I think it will have to be the S4 then (non grind).. this year it seems like it is the closest in the range in terms of how it rides - grippy and aggressive (big fins).

Any other suggestions for this year or would you agree it will be the most similar?
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-01-2009, 8:00 AM Reply   
The S4 is great but I would at least give the new Watson shape a try. I rode it on the cable the other day (non grind base so I couldn't slide it) and liked how it felt. I've ridden an Axis in the past and think that I am going to like the new Watson Hybrid the best.
Old     (jamie)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-01-2009, 10:48 AM Reply   
Thanks Andrew, appreciate the advice. I will certainly give them all a try.. love the Vantages and wouldn't want for anything more.. find them SO comfortable and responsive (and looks like it will be even more so with the new foot plates). Anyway, the point I was going to make is that they look awesome in the white/re/black combo this year and just gone back to look at the '10 Watson... hmmmm.. plain white with those bindings.. looks promising!!! :-)

Thanks again for the advice.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-01-2009, 10:59 AM Reply   
Yeah, there will be a package with the Watson Classic (the plain white board) with the new Vantages for I believe $550. This is the classic Watson shape with the regular base, and is not the new Watson shape, but it's a really good deal for that package. Should sell really well.
Old     (greenmoose)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-01-2009, 2:37 PM Reply   
if you want a LF board for cable the S4 and the witness are best imo.
Trip or PS3 are cheap and good too. The Watson breaks too easy on the cable.
And all are better than the axis on the cable imo
Old     (robd)      Join Date: May 2009       09-01-2009, 4:16 PM Reply   
will they be selling the classic watson without the vantages? like just the board? and if they are anyone know how much thats gonna be?
Old     (masonmeuth)      Join Date: May 2009       09-01-2009, 5:35 PM Reply   
Whats gonna be diff about the new watson compared to the old as far as how it rides?
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-01-2009, 7:34 PM Reply   
Yeah, you can get the Classic Watson either with the Vantages in a package or alone. I'm not positive on price, but I would guess in the $350 range because the regular core pro model boards for 2010 will be $379. The new Watson has removable fins instead of molded in fins, loses the big spine down the middle to improve sliding (but it still lands soft), has a slight beveled edge all the way around, and then each board is 1cm longer than the Classic.