Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-07-2009, 8:28 AM Reply   
So after finally sticking a few w2w 3's, I cannot seem to hit any of them anymore. My 2 biggest problems are I leave the wake front foot heavy and when I land I am bent a little forward and just fall forward over my toes. I am afraid the front foot heavy thing has become a bad habit because i tried to focus keeping the weight even and it just felt wierd cause I am so use to riding front foot heavy I guess.

Any tips to help with my issues are greatly appreciated.

Oh yeah, I have a serious beer gut as well which may be part of the problem.

(Message edited by jaybee on August 07, 2009)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-07-2009, 9:46 AM Reply   
I don't know what to say about the front foot heavy thing, besides, try it back foot heavy!

But, I still take that same fall you're talking about from time to time. Usually it's because I let the handle all the way as I'm landing to stop spinning, at which point I have no line tension to hold me up.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-07-2009, 10:05 AM Reply   
WIDER STANCE!
Old     (idrumyay)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-07-2009, 10:15 AM Reply   
if your wake to wake jumps are fine than you probably aren't leaving the wake front foot heavy. If you are landing over your front, you're probably pulling the handle a little too early. The key to first learning 3's is PATIENCE when pulling the handle. Can't be 100% sure what you're doing wrong tho without a vid
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-07-2009, 10:18 AM Reply   
Where's your head at during your spin? I'm missing the handle on mine but I know if I'm spotting the landing too long (looking down) and not keeping my head up long enough I land and then go right over my toes!
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-07-2009, 10:33 AM Reply   
keep the handle into your waist.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-07-2009, 11:46 AM Reply   
I am getting the handle pass but just not sticking it. Thanx for the tips. I think my handle position is a issue so will try to focus on that when I go out later.
Old     (trewblu)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-07-2009, 3:03 PM Reply   
thats my problem on a tantrum
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-07-2009, 3:59 PM Reply   
Try throwing them real late and landing them wrapped, I actually find it easier than handle passing because it makes sure I rotate with my lower body and to make sure I keep tension on the rope and not fall over my toes or heels. Also, you can grab a lot easier and longer this way
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-09-2009, 8:30 AM Reply   
Went out Friday. No luck. Went out Sat. morning with a clean head and just rode to have fun and stuck 3 of em. I don't get it. When I dont care whether or not I stick it, I stick it, but when i actually try to stick it I either fall over my toes or on sat., I actually started falling backwards.

Also can someone please explain to me how you are supposed to remember all the aspects of any trick when you only have a tiny bit of time to put it all together. This is my biggest problem. I would focus on one part of the trick and the rest of it would be very sloppy. For instance, on Fri. I tried to focus on bringing my knees up when I spin but would concentrate so hard on that i would flub every other part of the trick.
Old     (briand)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-09-2009, 9:17 PM Reply   
DeeCee, when you try to throw it you usually over-think the trick and that can be a big problem. Just go for it and have fun and it will eventually become second nature to stick the 3. Trust me, i've been there with that trick. Its no fun is it?