Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (hooterz)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-23-2009, 4:32 PM Reply   
I have 2003 X-7 with stock ballast, I replaced the black impeller with a the yellow one but it still will not fill. Through hull valve is open. I can here the pump running and know that it is turning the impeller but it just wont suck up water. Also tryed to hook a fake a lake to to it, still nothing. Any ideas ????
Old     (raftisland)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-23-2009, 4:39 PM Reply   
try and prime the pump. when the boat is in the water get it up to speed around 25 mph and then turn the pump on. keep the boat at that speed for a couple a minutes and your pump should start to fill.
Old     (hooterz)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-23-2009, 7:20 PM Reply   
I have tried at idle and at different speeds, at one time it would suck water in but then I could not get it out, had to disconnect the bag and throw it overboard to empty the bag, what a pain in A**
Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-23-2009, 9:45 PM Reply   
Check if you have a block in your over flow vents (tube that goes out the side of the boat from the sacs/tanks). if you get some insect/animal nest or dirt in the overflow vent, the bag/tank will not fill or empty correctly. Simply run some water back through the vent and make sure it makes it to the sac. Not sure if an 03 X7 has one or more sacs/tanks, but if more than one, do any of them work?
Old     (hooterz)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-24-2009, 7:16 AM Reply   
No it only has one, the vents are open. Does anyone have a diagram on this system? It has two vent hoses on one side and one hose on the other end of the bag.
Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-24-2009, 8:49 AM Reply   
You probably did this already, but place a post on MasterCraft's TeamTalk discussion board.

Typically, one hose is the in flow, one hose is the vent, and one hose is the over flow. The other side through hulls will be for your fore and aft bilge pumps. Unfortunately, I do not have an X-7 diagram.

It sounds like you are at the stage where you need to check for water pumping at each segment of the system. The 03 X7 may have check valves in the system and they can stick closed as well. But, 99% of Jabsco ballast problem are the impellers. If the system worked fine before and no one has re-plumbed it, I would likely check the impeller one more time and add a small amt of grease.
Old     (ericlassiter)      Join Date: May 2007       04-24-2009, 9:18 AM Reply   
i switched all my black impellers to the yellow ones and my jabscos ran flawlessly for about a year and a half. then all of a sudden i had issues with one pump. put a new impeller in and still had the same problem of it not priming.
i called jabsco and now they're saying that the yellow impellers may be TOO DUCTILE! guy told me to throw a black one back in and try it out.....

who knows!?
Old     (hooterz)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-24-2009, 11:08 AM Reply   
Is the check valve located under the floor where the raw water pick-up is? If so why would this not allow it to drain the sack?
Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-24-2009, 2:02 PM Reply   
Eric's point is a good one. Grease up a yellow impeller if you do not have a black one left and try it.

If the check valves are stuck closed, it can create a vacuum and the pump can not pump against the vacuum. This is less likely with a sac versus a tank, but the center ballast in my old X2 was a sac that would not empty due to a stuck check valve.

Usually the check valves will be near the sac, but I am afraid I do not know for sure on an X7. You can just get a section of hose, connect it to the inflow side of the Jabsco and throw the other end in the lake. If it pumps fine, then you can at least tell on which side of the pump that the problem exist. But I would still double check those darn impellers.
Old     (hooterz)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-24-2009, 8:28 PM Reply   
Here is a quick diagram I drew up on what I can see how this thing is plumed. If anyone has any other ideas I'm open.Upload