Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (denystaucd)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-22-2009, 12:34 AM Reply   
Jr, I'll look to see if I can find the study and post it...I was told the info by one of the Scientists who was assigned to the study (as he was rolling laughing about it).
Cheers
Old     (kinger)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-22-2009, 7:08 AM Reply   
Wow, you guys are still complaining about this. There is nothing you guys will be able to do, when the time comes and So Cal needs the water we will get it, thats the way it has always been, that how it will always be. SoCal is to valuable to the tourist income/ and all that contributes to that income, in California to let it go to crap.
Either suck it up and deal or move, I am fine with the set up.
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-22-2009, 9:02 AM Reply   
Hope you like your vegetables irrigated in shait water straight from Peru.
Old     (doubleup16)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-22-2009, 2:12 PM Reply   
There are better alternatives to the canal. Check out this site: http://www.deltacorridors.com/

Saves us money and won't ruin the delta for boating.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-22-2009, 11:01 PM Reply   
Erik you're a moron. You're fine with the set-up until there is no more set-up. sooner or later the population will surpass the capabilities of ANY water system that could be built to supply you're ignorant ass with water.

LA was built on corruption and greed and in the end, unless something is done about the water supply, it will end because of that.
Old     (kinger)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-23-2009, 7:50 AM Reply   
Jr,
First of all with those great communication skills I can't see why you would be "a collector of unemployment" like your profile says.

You know it is amazing to see you guys cry about how they take our water, or it is killing the "Delta" environment. Well has any one looked around at this sport of wakeboarding, everyone drives a V8 2500HD well pulling a boat loaded with a V8 and 3000 pounds of weight in it. What do you think those do to the environment. Also what do you think a general boating population in the lake does to the natural environment of the Delta anyways? Don't play this "I care about the environment crap" just say what it is you don't want people to mess with your riding spot, I can understand and respect that.
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-23-2009, 11:12 AM Reply   
I don't want people to mess with our riding spot!!! There happy? Figure out a way to filter mass amounts of water from the ocean.....there, is that an example of "great communication skills?"
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-23-2009, 1:23 PM Reply   
it's not even about my riding spot. i spend a lot of time in the delta but i'd rather NOT ride there and be able to live where i live than to have a spot to ride. and if you dont think its an issue then you should take a closer look, read a book or google it.

it's not just a norcal problem either, its the entire states problem. you should be concerned with what goes on up here cuz it directly affects you.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-23-2009, 1:29 PM Reply   
ohh and who the EFF are you to question why i'm on unemployment or how intelligent i am? you dont know me from adam and i can guarantee you wouldn't be talkin that -ish to my face. how do you know i didn't take a nice severance package and step down from my job so that others could still have theirs? i'm doin just fine on my UE and thank god mr obama extended it for a year so i get to ride as much as i can until i find another source of income.

how's that for communication
Old     (kinger)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-23-2009, 1:39 PM Reply   
^^^Well you can come out calling people morons and ignorant when you don't know me?? So you can throw it out just can't take it...I got it!

Thats great tax dollars paid so you can ride, thank god for Mr. Obama.

I never said it wasn't an issue, I just said there are a lot of environmental issues why aren't you standing up screaming about all of those?
Old     (kinger)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-23-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
Oh and everyone is 6'5 250lbs behind a computer, I sure you are no different
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       04-23-2009, 2:11 PM Reply   
Buck Ofama
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-23-2009, 2:26 PM Reply   
HAHA..you were actually pretty close...

(Message edited by romes on April 23, 2009)
Old     (kinger)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-23-2009, 2:38 PM Reply   
yep...me to
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-23-2009, 2:56 PM Reply   
your post was an ignorant one. one that demonstrates you have no education on the issue. so there fore you get called a moron.

i'm not typically one for calling people out on the internet as its sort of like beating up a blind kid but there's a reason our country is in the right now and its not cuz people have been stepping up left and right to do the right thing. it's cuz they choose to do the convenient thing, which is usually the wrong answer...

(Message edited by romes on April 23, 2009)
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-23-2009, 3:04 PM Reply   
He's bout 6'3 and I would put him in at around 220. How the job hunt JR?
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-23-2009, 3:36 PM Reply   
weak...no ones hirinh anyone...and if they are youre workin for peanuts....
Old     (delta_mud)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-23-2009, 3:48 PM Reply   
Eric, I don't drive a V8 2500 HD, nor do I put 3000lbs. of ballast in my boat. Guess what? I still love the Delta. I am a little perplexed at your post. According to what you post, I should ,"suck it up", and "deal with it". I also care about the environment. So, following your idea that Southern Ca. will get all the water it needs, you have cleared it all up. Southern CA. will take all the water it needs, thus destroying the Delta's environment. The water going South will help developers build more homes in a part of the state that doesn't have enough water. Thus ruining another environment. And since the water went South the Delta will be ruined without the use of boats, since there won't be enough water to run them on. Thanks for your enlightening posts. In the meantime I hope you can visit and enjoy the Delta, you might come around and see that it is truly worth protecting.
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-23-2009, 5:39 PM Reply   
Erik,

I'll think about you this summer when I'm pissing in the Delta....
Old     (kinger)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-24-2009, 9:15 AM Reply   
Joe,
You are in the minority then, not the majority. In your case I understand what you are saying. My point is for all those people that don't give a crap about the environment any other day of the week, until it directly effects their riding spot and then they become these "save the planet" hypocrites’.
Like I said I am sure the Delta is great and actually I don't have a direct opinion about what should be done because I don't have enough information (just like a majority of the people commenting here). What I am saying is unfortunately it will happen because of the way are country is run. You think I like paying for all those people that bought to much house and are now getting bailed out w/my tax dollars no, but what the hell can I do but suck it up. Everyone here is mad because they think i am trying to be an a-hole, but I am just giving you the facts. For the same reason there are a lot of people on this thread alone that are like we hate socal, the people suck, or whatever, well guess what there are a lot of people down here that have the same attitude to norcal, so where does that get us no where, so the only thing to do is suck it up and deal with it, just the truth man.
Old     (kinger)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-24-2009, 9:23 AM Reply   
Jr.
I never said I had any education on the subject, in fact if you read my post above I said I have no education on the subject. Just like you drew your conclusions about me from my post (i.e. that I am a moron) I drew my conclusions about you from your post (i.e. questioning your intelligence). Like I said I never tried to be confrontational, but if you throw it out there don't cry when i come back with it.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-24-2009, 9:50 AM Reply   
no one's crying. there's no tears here. i just think you're thought process about the subject is moronic and uneducated. cuz if you were educated on the subject then you wouldn't think like that...you would know that it was a problem of the entire western region...not just norcal and socal...

i'm just trying to enlighten you on a matter that you seem to be lacking knowledge about...
Old     (kinger)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-24-2009, 11:10 AM Reply   
I don't need to be educated on the subject to know that it won't be stopped. All I am telling you is that because of the dynamics of California when Socal needs the water they will get it. From a wakeboard prospective I think it sucks that you guys might not get use areas of the Delta, but the attitude all around has to change from Norcal and Socal people, in general not just environmentally. Because I don't see that happening there is nothing that can be done. You see in on this board, to much hate between the two demographics to work together.
Old     (kinger)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-24-2009, 11:11 AM Reply   
Hoser,
I will think about you when I water my lawn.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-24-2009, 11:57 AM Reply   
it's not about stopping it...it's about finding alternative methods to get water...socal isnt the only area in the country that is continuously growing...get out of your little bubble and you will see this..
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-24-2009, 12:12 PM Reply   
Dude you act like we turn into a desert as soon as you need water. I'll water my lawn responsibly all summer don't you worry.
Old     (kinger)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-24-2009, 12:17 PM Reply   
What are you talking about? I never said Socal was the only place growing, unfortunately you are thinking on an emotional note instead of a logical one. Understandable, but not always effective.
Old     (jd5150)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-24-2009, 1:18 PM Reply   
I got deal for you....u water your lawn while we ration OUR water and when the fires come this summer and make Socal look like a nuclear holocaust....we here in NorCal will be rain dancing for u...prayin for water to come your way
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-24-2009, 1:31 PM Reply   
Emotional?

"Either suck it up and deal or move, I am fine with the set up"

Ok that's not emotional or selfish. Are you not aware that our farmers are all going to have dead crops this year because of your lack of forethought about water supply vs. demand? Did you know that their crop insurance is through the state and it's federally backed so it comes out of your paycheck too? Don't act like your the only one who knows anything about the way water distribution works in CA.
Old     (kinger)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-24-2009, 2:24 PM Reply   
Once again never claimed to know about water distribution. What I know about is the financial dynamics of this state and country and those are what push decision makers. You think that amount that comes from for the crop insurance is a drop in the bucket compared to what will come about if there becomes a water shortage in Southern California

Hoser
You are full of crap...I don't see you crying about the whole in the ozone layer, I don't see you crying about global warming, I don't see you care about all of the charities going under so we can bail out irresponsible home owners. But when it comes to this issue you are all about the environment...please get off the soap box!

Joel,
No need to rain dance for us we will just go take some of your water.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-24-2009, 2:28 PM Reply   
so what exactly are you trying to say erik...are you saying that because of the "abundance" of water that law makers will make available to you that you're going to use it irresponsibly or however you see fit and it will be OK because its available?
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-24-2009, 3:44 PM Reply   
I'm trying to look back through my posts to find anything about global warming?

Your argument is null and void. Hmm 25% of the nations produce or thirsty southern californians? Dude we have enough crap to worry about with groups trying to protect the Delta smelt. The last thing we need is ignorant people like you or people who share your attitude.

(Message edited by tinyTdubb on April 24, 2009)
Old     (jd5150)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-24-2009, 4:18 PM Reply   
Jr...stop tryin to figure out this fool out he dont know s**t
Old     (kinger)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-27-2009, 9:19 AM Reply   
First of Joel, I have more education then you will ever have, and the student loans to prove it.

Jr.,
I think everyone is missing the point of what I am saying. My point is simple, no matter how much everyone in Norcal fights this idea and does not agree with it, its going to happen unless it becomes a collective fight. There are not enough people in Socal that know how great the Delta is (outside of wakeboarding). Unless the people in Norcal can get their attention, inform them, and get them on board with the cause then you are not going to stop this proposal.
With that said if you just look at this thread there is a lot of hate towards Socal (maybe rightful so, maybe not) that is beside the point. Right now you guys need the people down here to be onboard. If you look at the attitudes displayed on this board they are all negative. No one down in Socal is going to give a crap about what you have to say if you come with that attitude. So as a result if people are not willing to change their attitudes on both sides then there is nothing that can be done so just suck it up and deal. When people are ready to work TOGETHER then something might change until then, we all make our own bed.
Old     (kinger)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-27-2009, 9:22 AM Reply   
New Hoser,
Look up ignorant in the dictionary, then we will know who fits that definition. Again see post to Joel, enough said.

Thanks
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-27-2009, 9:36 AM Reply   
as far as attitudes go you should take heed to your own advice...

and what does school and student loans have anything to do with anything???
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-27-2009, 9:42 AM Reply   
If I was logging on to WW.com for the first time and this was the first thred that I saw, I would probably never come back! This sucks.
Old     (kinger)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-27-2009, 9:47 AM Reply   
School and loans were a direct response to Joel and Hoser how I don't know "s**t". I was simply stating that I know more S**t then they will ever know combined that is a FACT!
You guys may think it is ignorant of me, but it is real world. I think ignorant is not being realistic.
As far as attitude goes, you have a great one in your opinion I am sure. It is always easier to call out other people then to look at yourself.
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-27-2009, 10:00 AM Reply   
Congratulations. You've officially become "that guy".......