Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (pierem)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-17-2009, 2:33 AM Reply   
I found a correct craft 196 of 2005 that looks in a really good shape for 7000 $ I supposed it's another scam. The boat is not far from my house so I'll try to check it, we never know...
But my question is : does this boat would make a nice a big wake, if i put a lot of weight. (i know it would never be like a real wake boat but compare to my old correct craft ski nautique of 1980?
cheers
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       03-17-2009, 8:49 AM Reply   
No - their premeir slalom boat will not be a good choice for you as your wake boat. 7k sounds very low, I'd expect at least 22-26 for a 2005 196.

As a general rule, any SKI NAUTIQUE made 1990 and after is not a good choice for a wakeboarder. It was in 1990 that the Ski Nautique got serious about the whole "small wake" business. Until that point, during the whole 82-89 Ski Nautique product lifecycle they touted it as having a small wake, while MasterCraft actually had the boat making the most slalom friendly wake. Some say the advent of the rear boot on slalom skis was due to that Ski Nautique 2001 mound of a wake (Correct Craft had a huge presence at tournaments back then). At least the guys at CorrectCraftFan make this claim - part of me believes it.

There are people who have made 1990+ Ski Nautique's work, but you're starting at a really piss poor spot with one of those. Great slalom & barefoot boat - horrible choice for wake.
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-17-2009, 10:16 AM Reply   
www.planetnautique.com if you wanna hear what the guys have to say about the 196

:-)
Old     (pierem)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-17-2009, 12:45 PM Reply   
OK thanks for the advice I was just interested in that boat because of the price.
But i'm pretty interested in this one http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/view/F202506
it has an lpg system which is good of europeen fuel price.
So what do you think about the MC X5 2003 how's the wake??
cheers
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-17-2009, 1:35 PM Reply   
The X-5 is based off of the 1995-1997 ProStar 190 hull. It will need more ballast than the stock system to create a nice wake. Though this is more of a ski boat hull it does have a little taller sides than most ski boats so it takes weight pretty well. I think we rode with about 600 lbs in the back, 350 on either side of the motor and a little in the bow but its been years so those figures may be off a little.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-17-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
Wasn't there an SN Excel or something like that, that was VDrive. I heard they had a good wake.
Old     (mikes)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-17-2009, 4:57 PM Reply   
The SN Excel was a v drive. That 196 for 7k is a scam. No way that boat is selling that cheap.

I saw a MC X-2 on CL in Cleveland for $5900 today.Ad has been removed ....go figure
Old     (pierem)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-20-2009, 10:50 AM Reply   
So I went a bit further and played in their game, I tell the guy that I was very interested in the boat. He told me that he was abroad but that boat was in a garage in Paris (about 3 hours from brussels). He told me that he gave my informations to the guy in Paris. He gave me the number of the "so-called" garage guy from Paris. I called him and I asked to see the boat he told me you can't because blablabla. And he told me that he was charge to deliver the boat, I said " yes but i have to see the boat first" and he told me that the owner let a deposit to deliver the boat so if I wasn't happy with it they would bring it back to Paris.
(sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand)
So in summary they would bring the boat for free, I don't have to pay anything, I'd see the boat and then if Im happy with it, I can buy it, and if I'm not they go back in Paris with the boat.
For sure it's a scam 7000 $ for a boat like that. It's ain't possible.
Even if the owner was rich and crazy the garare would have buy it and sell it then for 25000$.

So for sure it's a scam but I'm just wondering how they want to
any idea???
pretty weird history anyways..