Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-18-2009, 7:54 PM Reply   
Just wanted to let y'all know that I am the proud new father of an 07 Enzo SV230...

Upload

It's not the best pic, but it's the only one I have right now...

I have been working with Charlie and Jack at Fun-N-Sun's new location in Lewisville for several months now, and we finally sealed the deal on my new baby Tuesday. This is only my second boat purchase, but those guys made the process of parting with a huge chunk of change as enjoyable as it could possibly be. They helped me along with the process, answered all my questions, helped hook me up with some aftermarket goodies, and gave me what I feel is a very fair deal.

I would recommend them to anybody. To my knowledge, they are the first Centurion dealership in my area, so if anyone wants to experience the wave behind the mighty Enzo this summer, I'll be on lake Lewisville most of the time. I'll be more than happy to give some pulls. Hit me up with a PM

So, thanks Charlie and Jack for making a usually painful process so enjoyable. I look forward to doing business with you guys in the future.
Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-18-2009, 8:41 PM Reply   
Your going to love that boat. We had a 05 enzo and now we have a 08 enzo. Centurion really puts together a nice boat.

One thing to check is the placement of the paddle wheel in relation to the bunks on the trailer. Ours was less then a quarter of an inch and would bend the paddle wheel every time we trailered the boat. I heard it is not all of the boats but just something to look out for.
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-18-2009, 9:11 PM Reply   
Good call... I'll look for that... Was there a fix or did you just have to live with it?
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-19-2009, 7:24 AM Reply   
So you made the switch from the Supra 21V.... what made you make the switch?

I have been wondering how Fun-N-Sun would do with Centurion since their base customers are bass boat customers. I stopped by their booth at the Ft. Worth and Dallas boat shows and they really didn't have a strong showing of Centurions compared to the other lines they carry. I also felt like a fish out of water surrounded by all the bubba's there who were looking at bass boats. Hopefully they will build their wake business a little more.

Congrats on your new boat!
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-19-2009, 7:36 AM Reply   
Congrats, I will keep an eye out for you on Lewi. We can trade pulls, I would like to get a surf set behind that thing. Where do normally ride on Lewi? I an up North in Shady Shores mostly.
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-19-2009, 7:53 AM Reply   
Richard,

The MAIN reason I made the switch from the ol' Supra was because I really like to surf. The wakeboarding wake was pretty hard to beat, but I had to put fat sacs EVERYWHERE to get a crappy surf wave in the end... So, BRING ON THE ENZO!

It's funny that you made the comment about the "bubbas".. A few times I have been up at the shop and Charlie and I were talking wakeboats when in comes an old slimey fisherdude... The looks you get from those guys are PRICELESS... I'm thinkin to myself, just don't let me catch you alone in a cove or I'll swamp your azz!! lol.. (jk of course)

Charlie (the GM) is one of "us"... He REALLY is making an effort to build their Centurion customer base. He has stated, and he seems to be living up to it, that he is going to go above and beyond for all his Centurion customers and earn their business one customer at a time. He really has impressed me.

Patrick,

Definitely keep an eye out for me. I usually launch by Sneaky Petes, so I generally stay on the south side of the lake.. I ride to the west of the 35 bridge, by the dam, by Lakeview marina, and SOMETIMES I go up by shady shores... Basically, I just try to find my own spot so I don't ruin anyone elses water.. Seems to be mostly fisherdudes and wakeboarders on Lewisville.

Like I said, feel free to PM me, or just find me at the lake and I'll hook you up with a pull.
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-19-2009, 8:55 AM Reply   
Cool, Shady Shores is not a great area to Surf on Lewi, your waves would be bouncing off everything. What board do you Surf? I have a 5'9 HL Broadcast, but have been looking at the new Ronix board for this year. Are you on DWB, if so what is your handle? I normally don't post up on here for pulls or to get a pull.
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-19-2009, 9:28 AM Reply   
Patrick,

I'm not on DWB... I guess I should get on there, but this site takes up about as much time as I'm willing to donate...

I have a HL Broadcast (the shorter of the two), HL coex, Inland surfer Yellow loogey, Inland surfer Blue Lake quad fin, and a 6'6" ocean board that I bought just because it was a good deal... I rode it once, and it's a straight line missile... I was on the brakes the whole time, and turning??? fugeddaboudit!

COME ONNNNN WARM WEATHER!!!

I'm having the windows tinted next weekend, and I'm going to start stereo and lighting upgrades in the not too distant future...
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-19-2009, 3:22 PM Reply   
Sounds good. If you need any ideas on the stereo and lighting I can give you a few referrals in the Dallas area.
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-19-2009, 4:31 PM Reply   
Sweet... Any hook ups? I have plenty of options, but if I can save some $$$ on that stuff, then PM me.

MOST LIKELY, I'm going to do all my research about what I want online and then see if a couple of local shops can at least get close to that price....
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-19-2009, 7:27 PM Reply   
PM sent
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-19-2009, 8:47 PM Reply   
Patrick,

Try me again... I didn't get it.