Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (moosemac81)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-23-2008, 9:54 PM Reply   
Me a few buddies have thought of putting leds under the swim deck so when we surf we can see the wave better! has anyone tried this
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-24-2008, 8:43 AM Reply   
Transom lights are factory options on Tiges and others. I have the factory light and plan to add either a 2nd light or a string of LED's around the swim platform, not sure which yet.

There was a thread going here just a couple of weeks ago about this scroll down near the bottom of the thread list or try the search button
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-24-2008, 8:49 AM Reply   
Here's one thread: http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/616160.html?1221621304
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-24-2008, 9:14 AM Reply   
We have under water transom lights on sale thru mid November for for about 40% off retail with free shipping..

http://www.bulletlines.com/servlet/the-90/Under-Water-LED--dsh-/Detail

Thanks,

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com
Old     (moosemac81)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-24-2008, 1:00 PM Reply   
Are they hard to install? We do a lot of night surfing in Idaho so they would be sweet.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-24-2008, 3:52 PM Reply   
I'm not looking for Transom lights, I'm looking for 'under the swim deck'. Any help? They would need to be flat. A small hole in the transom for the wiring is fine (already some there for trim tabs). I don't want to add any more holes in the transom if possible.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-24-2008, 6:32 PM Reply   
Joe,

All these light ideas are for "under water" applications and most every one will mount them to the transom or swim platform. Some have used simple LED's along the edge of the platform and then encapsulated them in clear resin. With a little knowledge and imagination, sky's the limit here.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-24-2008, 10:30 PM Reply   
Like this?

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (crosenhahn)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-27-2008, 3:44 PM Reply   
Go to http://www.oznium.com/flexible-led-strips They have all sorts of them for every type of application.
Old     (jason_b)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-28-2008, 1:06 PM Reply   
You will not be able to see the wave while surfing if you put those under the platform unless you have crystal clear water. I had mine there initially and moved them to the transom where they project straight back.
If you want them for decoration use the under platform idea--if you want them for function, mount them on the transom facing back.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-28-2008, 1:11 PM Reply   
rear facing tower lights work better for night surfing.