Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (claudiub)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-08-2008, 5:53 PM Reply   
I am trying to get some advise/help/suggestion regarding this issue on my 05 Supra Launch 21V.
I found a lot of gas in the bilge area, flushed it out, dealer says I have a bad gas tank that is leaking when more than 3/4 full and it's waiting a response from the factory. A friend of mine with a Centurion believes that the tank is not a separate part of the boat that you can replace, but it is part of the hull which is frightening. We are also waiting on the factory's response regarding the warranty for this gas tank. Does anybody know more on this matter, please?
Thank you,
Claudiu
Old     (drive139)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-08-2008, 7:06 PM Reply   
The gas tank is not part of the hull and can be replaced without compromising the structure of your boat. Skier's Choice is real good at backing up their products and will do anything they can to help you out.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-08-2008, 7:24 PM Reply   
Claudiu,

Bernie is correct... Your friend is incorrect....
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-08-2008, 7:25 PM Reply   
^^^Yup
Old     (claudiub)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-08-2008, 11:58 PM Reply   
Thank you for the quick responses. I love this forum! It has always helped me out when in trouble. I will post back after this issue is resolved.
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-09-2008, 10:22 AM Reply   
side story.....
Knew a guy that bought a new boat (One of the big 3) (guessing 6-7 years ago). Picked it up and went to the gas station, started filling, and filling, and filling, and filling....hmmm didn't realize the tank was this big. Smelled gas (duhh), opened the engine cover and saw the bilge filling with gas. The gas tank had a puncture from what appeared to be a fork lift fork. Could have ended much worse.

I left the brand out as fluke things can happen to any of them. Of course the dealer / company immediately made them more than whole on the issue.