Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (jfisher03)      Join Date: May 2008       07-27-2008, 8:56 PM Reply   
I just bought the ronix ibex board and i was going to just leave my old liquid force watson bindings on it but the back of one of them is ripped. So needless to say im due for some new ones. I want to get the matching bindings for this board (reliks) but they are closed toe. Ive never ridden closed toe bindings nor know anyone else who rides them. What are the pros and cons of closed vs open? any insight would be great!
Old     (andy13)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-27-2008, 10:02 PM Reply   
one of em your toes are out in the open and water runs over them sometimes when you edge. the others your toes are inside and warmer in the winter and water doesnt run over them. open toes a wider range of foot sizes can fit in them easier, closed toes are more foot size specific
Old     (element8456)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-27-2008, 11:40 PM Reply   
ihave the ronix cell ones first time i ever used a closed toe and i love em i always rode open till now and never goin back. the closed are nice havent had any major cons with them.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-28-2008, 6:43 AM Reply   
if you are a person that have problems with nails ( i dont know how to tell it in english ) anyway nails inside the freaking toe tip haha, then the close toe can be unconfortable after 2-3 consecutive riding days, because your toes sometimes knock in the end of the binding.
I got the Liquid Force Vantage limited and they are amazing open toes but very confy !
Old    wakejjboard12            07-28-2008, 7:05 AM Reply   
i feel like all of the closed toes i have ridden were more comfortable. the reliks are super nice. they are really low cut tho so if you need lots of support you may wanna look at something else but on the other hand they are super flexible and nice for pokes.
Old     (wakex2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-28-2008, 7:18 AM Reply   
i'd stay away from the relics... they were too low for my liking... and i broke them off the board the first time i was on them back in feb or mar... i went to the cells and have been in love w/ them ever since... the cells or the ones will be the most comfortable boot on the market while giving the best support IMHO... only problem is i have broken base plates on 2 pair of Ronix boots this yr... have them send you an extra baseplate in case it breaks and you're not out your setup for a week or two... make sure you order them new as you'll probably end up needing to have the replaced

o yea closed toe boots are more comfy and to me you get better control w/ them too... they also will be more likely to stink if not cared for properly
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-28-2008, 7:58 AM Reply   
i'm a fan of closed toed bindings...especially for when the water starts getting cold! the Slingshot D2's are by far and away the most comfortable boot i've put on and rode in. i've tried nearly every high end boot out there from all company's. the Ronix Cells are also comfy, but not as nice as the D2's. the Watson Closed Toes are pretty nice as well.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-28-2008, 2:39 PM Reply   
Watsons and Reliks are vastly different.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-28-2008, 6:34 PM Reply   
Some say you get more leverage on cuts... i don't think this is true, at least not significantly, BUT there is deffinately the "feeling" (be it a placebo effect or what?) that you are more "connected" to the board. You just feel more apart of the board and the board apart of you. I aint ever going back to open toe pretty sure.