Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old     (siuski)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-14-2008, 8:54 AM Reply   
Need a new set of bindings. I'm done working on my zues's, they've left me high and dry too many times. How have the vantages been holding up? Know a few people with them that have nothing but good things to say, but don't have many sets on them.
Old     (96formula)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-14-2008, 9:34 AM Reply   
I love my 08 zeus'
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       07-14-2008, 9:36 AM Reply   
Diggin my '08 Answers! No problems and super comfy.
Old    110outlet            07-14-2008, 10:27 AM Reply   
The Murrays are super comfortable, but size them a bit smaller, when they break in you need to put the insert in to make them a bit smaller.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-14-2008, 10:33 AM Reply   
D2's are awesome!
Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-14-2008, 10:44 AM Reply   
I tried the murrays and watsons before deciding on the shanes.... a real pain not having a shop near by
Old    walt            07-14-2008, 11:07 AM Reply   
FYI,

If your buying 08 CWB bindings and putting them on anything other than a 08 CWB board be aware that you will need to drop another 34 bucks on extensions if you ride all the way out.

Also be aware that CWB will tell you that you only need one set of them and that wasn't the case for me. IMO CWB made a bad call making their binding pattern proprietary. CWB should supply the extensions at no extra cost and make the consumer aware that there will be a need for them on all non 08 CWB boards.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-14-2008, 11:17 AM Reply   
Walt, CWB sent them out for free, at least for me, and one set are only necessary to ride all the way out (to reach the inner holes)
Old     (siuski)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-14-2008, 11:48 AM Reply   
I want to stay away from the CWB's. They were comfy but I've put too much time in them to keep them ridable. I wan't something with less moving parts, KISS. I friend of mine has had good luck with a set of 07 Watsons and he is not easy on bindings. Want to try the Vantages but fear the velcro will only put up with a season or so of abuse. I want something that will last longer.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-14-2008, 11:51 AM Reply   
That's weird. I've had nothing but good luck with my Answers. Never did a thing to them and they still look new. I rode a pair of 08 Murray's this weekend and while nice, they are not nearly as comfy as my CWBs!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-14-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
What year Zeus's did you have to work on so much?
Old     (siuski)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-14-2008, 12:38 PM Reply   
06's or 07's. (First year w/ the hinge) They rocked last year. Only had to replace 1 recoil. This year they've broken 5 times. 2 at the recoil (tied a loop), 3 at the clincher (plastic cam that holds the upper line tight). Now (even with new cams) they wont stay tight.

The bigger issue is with the hinge. I've tightend them all the way down but still keep popping open at unexpected times. This weekend my front popped open on a hs landing and in my struggle to keep from water from occuping the space where my eyeballs should go, my "good" shoulder let go. Off to PT and a search for a new set of kicks. Hopefully the redesigned hinge is better. I talked my wife into getting a set of Tiffanies which she really likes.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-14-2008, 12:45 PM Reply   
the only cwb bidings i would recommend to anyone this year would be the deuces. best bindings cwb makes hands down. no hinge, no moving parts, just some overlays and 2 seperate laces. super comfy.

watsons are always bomb. and i'm getting a pair of D2's shipped to me this week so i get to try those out soon.
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-14-2008, 2:11 PM Reply   
lf transits.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-14-2008, 2:24 PM Reply   
haven't tried the vantages yet, but i've yet to find a pair of bindings to replace my '06 watsons.
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-14-2008, 2:28 PM Reply   
I just switched to the 08 Watson OT for my board and several others in the crew all of a sudden only want to ride my board. They are really comfortable and snug and easy to get into and out of. A little cumbersome to adjust since you have to remove them from the board to change the angle, but don't imagine that's an issue once you get them where you want them. They replaced my CWB factions which lasted almost 18 months. The Watsons definitely feel like an upgrade.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-14-2008, 3:00 PM Reply   
As far as the smaller plates go, I don't think that's a CWB proprietary thing. I think the major players are all going to the smaller plate.

One thing to remember, if you ride all the way out on a current board with bindings that have the smaller plate then you are riding at least 2" wider then before. Ouch!!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-14-2008, 3:01 PM Reply   
2" wider than before? i need new bindings!!!
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-14-2008, 3:05 PM Reply   
my wife has the 08 girl vantages (mellisa maybe?) She says they are very comfy and insanely easy to get in and out of.

I may go for the vantage this fall if the reviews keep coming in positive.
Old    walt            07-14-2008, 3:59 PM Reply   

quote:

Walt, CWB sent them out for free, at least for me, and one set are only necessary to ride all the way out (to reach the inner holes)

Ultimate hooked me up with the first set free but when I called CWB they charged me. They had no idea that someone already gave me a set. 17 bucks a set and no mention that they would be needed. From what I can tell everyone at CWB knows about the issue but very few pro shop people do. So that means that you get to stare at a new set of bindings until you get the extensions shipped to you from CWB. (most pro shops don't have them and some aren't aware that you need them)

I don't think it's asking to much to at least be informed that there is a potential problem and you may have to pay extra to fix it.

I'll also add that you can't duck the bindings out quit as far when you use the extensions. (you loose a stop or two) Probably not a issue for most people but I ride @ a extreme ducked position.

quote:

One thing to remember, if you ride all the way out on a current board with bindings that have the smaller plate then you are riding at least 2" wider then before. Ouch!!

There's one more thing that should be mentioned and wasn't.

I'm still a fan of their bindings but this could of been handled better.
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-14-2008, 10:14 PM Reply   
i have the 08 answers and the 08 cabs, love them both, the answers are a little easier to get into and out of, but i think the cabs are a little more comfortable
Old     (wakebrdrnc)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-15-2008, 6:08 AM Reply   
I have the 07 Zeus Ltd.(Blk) and I am tired of replacing recoils and wraps. Wonder if CWB will do anything about helping me get into a newer pair. It is obious they know the problem. They are great about sending free replacement parts but it is just a pain! I love my Transcend and my Zeus's and don't want to change brands. Does anyone have any inside info?
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-15-2008, 7:48 AM Reply   
I have the 07 blk ltd Zeus's too. I think the best CWB can do is hook you up with the wraps without the recoil lace system. It's definitely a lot better than having the recoil laces, which are a pain.
I REALLY prefer my 08 Zeus's though to the 07s. They're way more comfortable, supportive and the flipped hinge means they're still really easy to get into/out of but they don't ever accidentally pop open.
Old     (96formula)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-15-2008, 8:29 AM Reply   
You can go to any board shop that sells c-dub and get the new overlays for 07 zeus' for free. If the shop is real cool they will install them for you, because they are a pain in the rear to do yourself.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-15-2008, 8:54 AM Reply   
I'm a huge fan of CWB's bindings--just not so much on the recoil. I replaced my 07 Zeus overlays to eliminate the recoil--problem solved! I also rode the 08 Zeus LTD this past weekeknd--great binding for theose who like them high and tight! I still like the Factions and my boy Brandon love the Answers. We put a lot of wear on our gear and let everyone ride our setups. The CWB gear has really held up in my opinion.