Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-22-2008, 11:18 AM Reply   
Trying to plumb in a fly high integrated bow sac. Having trouble finding the right size fitting to screw into the fill/drain and vent holes. I did a search and someone here said 1" Male NPT but that wasn't even close, way too big. The 3/4" doesn't want to really thread in there, seems just a little big. I don't know if it matters, but my bag is the older version with only 4 holes instead of five. I don't want to use the fly high quick connect fittings, but it's looking like I might have to.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-22-2008, 11:23 AM Reply   
Call Mike at Fly High, dude is super helpful.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-22-2008, 11:26 AM Reply   
3/4 straight threads, not pipe.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-22-2008, 12:29 PM Reply   
So is a 90 elbow with male 3/4 straight threads and 3/4" barb on the other going to be something easy to find at a hardware store?
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-22-2008, 12:54 PM Reply   
^^^ maybe, but you will need to think about a way to seal it....."o"ring, 5200, ect.

Check www.flexpvc.com or www.plumbingsupply.com
Old     (geistwatersportscom)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-22-2008, 1:39 PM Reply   
Chasin7, I sent you an email.

-Rob
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-23-2008, 10:09 AM Reply   
FYI, I called fly high. They said the threads are special to fly high sacs. Not going to find a leak proof alternative in a hardware store. Hate the thought of spending $50 on just the sac connections.
Old     (geistwatersportscom)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-23-2008, 10:21 AM Reply   
I have 8 3/4 fittings purchased from fly high. I can send the a pic if you would like. I will sell them to you for less than the $50 shipped.
I needed the 1 inch fittings and had to buy those.
-Rob
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-23-2008, 10:24 AM Reply   
FYI, I called fly high. They said the threads are special to fly high sacs. Not going to find a leak proof alternative in a hardware store. Hate the thought of spending $50 on just the sac connections.

That's interesting, I emailed them a few months ago about this very question while putting together my ballast, and they replied back they where 3/4 straight threads.
Old     (watsoc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-23-2008, 10:32 AM Reply   
I just used 3/4" straight threads on my integrated Fly High bow sac and have never had any problems with it leaking. Fills and drains great.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-23-2008, 11:10 AM Reply   
Well of course fly high is going to say that!

There's no way they would pay for the tooling and all the other costs to have custom threads when they are not necessary. 3/4" Straight threads and maybe some plumbers tape, you'll be fine.
Old     (madison_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-23-2008, 12:44 PM Reply   
I had the same issue. I used a hosebarb to hosebarb fitting so that inside the rubber fitting on the bag-side you had a hose barb stuffed in as tightly as possible, then rubber cemented and hose-clamped on, and it seems to work great (no leaking, even on the overflow side (higher pressure).

Let me know if that didn't make sense.

This is the cheap solution (1.50 per fitting, maybe less).