Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       04-18-2008, 7:23 PM Reply   
I bought the Stinger SFC relay and 2 SF3N fans. They did not come with instructions on how to install them.

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1333006/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1331967/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046

I emailed Stinger's tech without a response. I could call but I am sure it is after hours. So here I am.

Does anyone have or know how to install them?

Thank you
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       04-18-2008, 7:45 PM Reply   
Make sure to fuse them, close to the battery. You can add a second fuse if necessary for individuals etc. The control unit is nothing I have ever seen before, but needs power and ground to operate. It sounds like it has a built in temp sensor, and the picture shows the ground at the bottom and the two top ones would be for power in and out. Hook it up and use a blow dryer. Once it reaches a set temperature it should kick on. If not reverse the positive wires.

The fans should work in either direction, but obviously one direction is going to be preferred.

Any wire colors or numbers marked on the stuff?
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       04-18-2008, 8:36 PM Reply   
I think pictures would really help me.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       04-19-2008, 4:36 PM Reply   
Nobody has these fans or relay. There has to be someone.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-19-2008, 5:43 PM Reply   
Brannon - Ask and you shall receive:

Upload

I knew that keeping all of my papers was for a reason! Make sure you fuse the 12volt input for the relay. Hope this helps!
All I ask is to let me know when you want to sell that great looking VLX.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       04-19-2008, 8:35 PM Reply   
BEN,

Sweet, Thank you very much. I knew it had to be easy, but just could not figure it out. Do you have the same set up and if so what do you think about it.

By the way thanks for the props on my boat. I don't plan on selling this one for at least 2 more years.

I can and will give you a deal on a RV, Toy Hauler or Trailer if you want. My dad owns a huge RV dealership in Morgan Hill area. Let me know if you need a major hook up any time.
Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-21-2008, 7:29 AM Reply   
I personally don't see the need to the SFC. Why not just wire the relay to the remote turn on (not including the SFC)? The fan will be on all the time the stereo is... the draw will be very minimal. I think the SFC is an un-needed gimmick. Please feel to correct me if I am missing something but I have hooked a couple of amp fans without the need for the SFC. I understand the temp control... but is it really necessary?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-21-2008, 7:53 AM Reply   
Brannon, I have the same fans, and don't use the temp control. I can hear the fans thru my tower speakers at very low volume. (It's beyond a grounding problem...close to $4k (not all my money) and 7 months and no one can figure it out.)) I'm with you TR I don't see the need for the it.