Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (globemaster)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-11-2008, 10:04 AM Reply   
Does anybody know of a good waterproof, high quality speaker wire connector I can buy?

I just bought a Mastercraft X2, and the guy who owned it before me never put the tower down. Because of this, the speaker wires run right across where the tower comes apart, with nothing I could disconnect to lower the tower. I've got to put the tower down to get the boat in my garage, but I'd like to have a plan for the speaker wires before I cut them. I'd appreciate any info.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-11-2008, 10:22 AM Reply   
deutsche or neutrik connector.
Old     (globemaster)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-11-2008, 11:00 AM Reply   
I searched for the deutsche and neutrik connectors, but there doesn't appear to be anything suitable for a waterproof tower speaker connection. Everything I saw was metal, and not designed to be waterproof.

I've got 4 heavy speaker wires to connect. I'm sure somebody sells something for this kind of thing.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       04-11-2008, 11:02 AM Reply   
bulletlines.com has some good ones for great prices, check em out!
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-11-2008, 11:18 AM Reply   
LADD
http://www.laddinc.com/search_submit.aspx?partnum=DT04-08PA-L012&type=contains

Upload
Upload
Old     (globemaster)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-11-2008, 11:23 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info guys.

The connector at bulletlines.com looks the same as the neutrik connector. Does anybody know how they stand up to the weather? It looked all metal, so I wasn't sure it would do well.

Also, does anybody know a good spot to buy them? The 8-pin connector would probably be best (4 speaker wires), but I can't find anybody that sells them.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       04-11-2008, 12:39 PM Reply   
Dave, i have a bulletlines connector and this will be my third season with it and NO problems yet whatsoever. Good price, good product, Ken is great to work with, email him and see what he can do for ya.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-11-2008, 12:56 PM Reply   
you can find neutrik at your local guitar center or nicer musician's stores. they make a plastic connector. it's blue and black and is locking.
Old     (csparks13)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-17-2008, 11:57 AM Reply   
We went with the neutrik connectors throughout the entire boat. Here are a few pics of them.

Upload
Upload