Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-16-2008, 1:53 PM Reply   
hey guys i just ran the boat in the driveway with my home built fake-a-lake for about 5 minutes to make sure she survived the winter okay before we go out this weekend. i checked all gaskets and the block to make sure nothing was leaking and the temp climbed on up after a few minutes even though i shut her down before it got normal operating temp i'll worry about the thermostat during our first outing. the water coming out of the exhaust was a little discolored at first but looked pretty pink so i'm sure that was mostly the rv antifreeze but then it cleared right up. does anyone know of anything else i should check before we head to the lake.

thanks
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-16-2008, 1:57 PM Reply   
What about bilge pump?
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-16-2008, 2:15 PM Reply   
A lot depends on where the boat was at when you parked it last fall.
Change the oil, tranny fluid, oil filter, fuel filter, spark plugs, ignition wires, ignition (cap, rotor), etc. Charge the battery, check the tire pressure, replace impeller, check the hoses are hooked up, screwed down tight & in descent condition, inspect the serpentine belt, etc.

Fill up the cooler & make sure you have your boat keys & drain plug(s).
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-16-2008, 2:19 PM Reply   
Got the tunes you need?!?
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-16-2008, 7:19 PM Reply   
12 pack of beer?
Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-16-2008, 8:22 PM Reply   
yeah i've checked all the hoses, belts, plugs and filters, but i do need to change the oil, waste 50 bucks on itunes, and pick up ice and the 12 pack but i will wait to do that on saturday.
thanks guys
Old     (spjc)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-16-2008, 8:30 PM Reply   
You guys forgot one little detail...The Ladies!
Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-16-2008, 8:37 PM Reply   
thats true. no bun=no fun. i can't believe you guys let me down.
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-17-2008, 7:32 AM Reply   
I would also suggest a little more than a twelve pack...unless you are going alone for two hours. More beer/ice = more ballast. Ride hard early while ballast is full, then drink till empty.