Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (merrion13)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-25-2008, 7:23 AM Reply   
I'm heading down to Turks and Caicos in 3 weeks for some R&R and to get away from the -20 wind chill temps we've had here all week. I found a company that offers pulls behind an X-Star in the ocean, and the choices of boards I have to ride are a LF Watson, Fish, CWB Transcend, and a Byerly. I ride a Shane, so I'm looking for something similar out of those choices. Am I correct in assuming the Watson will most closely resemble the ride of the Shane?
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-25-2008, 7:26 AM Reply   
yep, you should try the fish too, it rides pretty similar and is a lot of fun. It,s loose, fast and pops very well.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-25-2008, 7:53 AM Reply   
try all of them if you have a chance. There have been times in the past when i rode different boards, and although some of them i didnt like that much, some of them i felt still tought me things that i could do on my own board or helped me notice certain aspects. RIde 'em all at least once, just to say you have ridden them
Old     (merrion13)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-25-2008, 8:00 AM Reply   
Well the problem is I'm paying primo $$$ for some boat time, so i don't want to spend much time trying boards to get the feel for them. I just want to hop on and feel pretty comfortable with the board pretty quickly. Anyone have experience with the Shane and any of the boards I listed?
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       01-25-2008, 8:01 AM Reply   
I ride a shane too, the watson will probably be close but I've ridden the transcend too. It's very similar to the shane in my opinion!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-25-2008, 12:20 PM Reply   
The watson is alot like the shane, just a little more locked in feel and a little bit more pop.

I've tried both and thats about all the difference i could tell.

both pretty solid, I used to ride the watson before i picked up the ONE,
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-25-2008, 12:36 PM Reply   
you really get more pop on the Watson? I had better luck with the Shane.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-25-2008, 12:50 PM Reply   
It felt like i got more out of the watson,

it all boils down to personal preference i guess