Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-08-2003, 4:27 PM Reply   
I wondered if anyone has tried 2003's hyperlite high backs bindings, I have the 2002 model and I was wondering if it was worth the change.
Thanks
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-08-2003, 7:01 PM Reply   
They are harder (pain in the @ss, really) to take apart and customize, if you are into that sort of thing.
Old    west_sider1            11-09-2003, 1:21 AM Reply   
i have the 2003 highbacks, and they are Very sweet
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-09-2003, 7:53 AM Reply   
Stay with the 02's and wait for the 04's to go on sale.
The forefoot is wider in the 03 and have a snugger ( sp) fit in the ankle ( at least to me)
I have 03's and wished I waited for the 04's, since the padding changed ....again, with padding along the lower end of the achilles.
Then again, I'm now looking into the ERA's

(Message edited by phantom5815 on November 09, 2003)
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-09-2003, 5:00 PM Reply   
have they changed the overlay material on the 03's too???
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-10-2003, 4:26 PM Reply   
Overlays have not changed, just the footpad and inner linings.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-10-2003, 11:02 PM Reply   
I also found the forefoot to be a bit too wide on the 03's. I also understand that the heel piece is supposed to be stiffer on the 04's to give more of a snowboard feel, but I've not yet tried them to see how big a difference it makes.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-11-2003, 4:37 AM Reply   
Oops..... it is stiffer & a little more of a forward lean, but not like the Byerlys of the past. Thanks for putting that part in Dr Octagon.
Old    veganx            11-11-2003, 11:30 AM Reply   
The heel rubber is REALLY stiff on the 04's!
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-11-2003, 8:42 PM Reply   
I havent had any problems with my 02's, only that the overlay keeps tearing, but they feel, ride, and hold great, do i have to expect less from the 03's??
Old     (partyb)      Join Date: Dec 2001       11-12-2003, 8:06 AM Reply   
I have 03' and love them. I tried the parks, byerlys and belmonts first. It is all personal preference.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       12-17-2003, 8:33 PM Reply   
I have bought a pair of 2003's on a cleareance, they costed only 99 bucks, I have Rode them a few times now and here are my two cents.
I should say that they feel completely different than my 2002's.
They dont press the same parts of the foot, and your feet just dont hurt no matter how long you wear them. Pressure now is on the "option 2" and not so much on the toes. You get the same hold as in previous years in a much confortable binding.
The overlay material seems stiffer in these, but I wouldnt be surprised if they tore too.
They are easier to get in, since you can open the "option 2" strap.
They seem much harder to customize, but by the way... the only time I though nasty on mr herb "hyperlite" O'brien's mom was when I had to change Overlays on my 2002's... it took me 90 minutes to to put it all together again on just one binding... (I need to mention that while doing this, I noticed a black strap under the overlays, wich is the same as the "option 2" but without the velcro, they just added the velcro and put it over the overlay... jejej those clever guys...)
The plastic on the plate has changed too, it seems stiffer now, and has clearer marks for positioning your claws.
The footbed is huge, almost twice than those on the 2002's, I particulary like the feeling they give while riding (wich I first felt on the 2002's), because you stand taller on the board and turning the board feels just better, landings are really nice on these too.
The only things I worry about are the issues with the overlay i might have, and that the binding is what it is because of the "option 2", and I fear for it's durability too.
In conclusion, in what functionality and confort means, this are the bindings... but Hyperlite should work on the durability issue...
Old    tikki83            12-18-2003, 3:14 AM Reply   
Hey Luciano, yo tengo las highback 2002, tienes razon la goma esta debajo de lo rojo;) estoy pensando en cambiarlas ya, pero no se si decantarme por liquid o otras hyperlite. Oye, donde has encontrado esas a un precio tan barato?
Gracias

In english:
Hi Luciano, I have the 2002's too,you were right, the strap is under the red overlay in the 2002's. Iīm thinking of getting a new pair, but I donīt decide between liquid or hyperlite. By the way, were did you found that good deal?
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       12-18-2003, 9:32 AM Reply   
check caribecatalog.com, but they no longer have high backs, they still have other Hyperlite models. I prefer Hyperlite, but i'm not so confident on lace up bindings such as belmonts or parks.
Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-18-2003, 11:54 AM Reply   
Que pues con el espanol? Por que respodiste en espanol tomeu? Es la cosa mas rara que he visto en este sito. Bueno, eso y un verde que quiere intentar un S-Bend.
Old    tikki83            12-18-2003, 1:46 PM Reply   
JOajoajaooja
Danny, I wrote in spanish because I explain what I want to say better in spanish, and I though Luciano would understand it better too. I also wrote in english, very bad but in english, so I did not offend anybody I think